Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 03:43 PM   #1282

The non-existant existing intake gasket.

I took a ton of photographs from the previous work done in the post above. One thing I decided to grab while I had parts of the bike and good access was the intake gasket.

Everyone has reported no gasket.

I even thought I had no gasket, all my work on the intake manifold has been from the top and from the side looking down. Everything looked like gray metal to me.

However, after working on it, I had the skid plate off the bike and was looking around the bottom of the motor when I looked up at the intake manifold and said to myself, WTH?!! I clearly saw a gasket corner. I wiggled the corner back and forth with my fingers just to make sure it really was and it did flex and as it flexed the gray coloring flaked off and it became a lot easier to see that it is indeed a paper/material gasket of some sort.

I took a photograph of it in case internet detectives would like a look. Maybe with this angle and photograph it may encourage a few more in depth bottom up inspections under the intake and see if I am a rare one off with gasket on my Templar X 250 or if there are others out there that discover similar on their bikes.

Name:  2048-1536-max-Intake-Gasket.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  484.1 KB
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility