Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 01:19 PM   #1497

The reflector solution I see most often is if you see the bolts on both sides of the plate. I see folks put two small round red reflectors on that part. I also have the small shelf under the plate to affix a small reflector. If you have local laws that specify reflectors again read them as the letter of the law usually says you must have one. Not what size, shape, etc. with these tail tidys you have to check your local requirements. The gigantic arse snake is basically every jurisdiction out in the world if one requires it then they ship it on all bikes and they cover every jurisdiction automatically. My OEM had three LEDs on the bottom for the plate but I noticed it never came on so I replaced it with this svelte and tidy little brake light assembly.

Where: eBay special, dime a dozen or $13 w/free shipping.

Edit: They all claim waterproof even the OEM that comes with the bike but I found mine had a big hole gap in the back where the wires go in. Plenty big enough to let water kicked up by the rear wheel to go in over time. After installing replacements or OEM assembling out of the box at the end of setting it all up, go in and squeeze some silicone sealant caulk into the wire entry hole to seal it properly.
- #42 / #120 Jets
- 1mm thick nitrile O-ring needle shim (removed)
- Kenda K761 Dual Sport Tires
- Sedona Standard Thickness Inner Tubes
- Stock OEM battery, carburetor, spark plug still going strong
- https://youtu.be/dhAYEKH-jFQ

1. Texas Pete's Templar X 250 Torque Specifications Sheet
  2. Texas Pete's Engine Displacement Calculator
  3. Texas Pete's Tire and Rim Compatibility

Last edited by Texas Pete; 10-13-2023 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Fix link