View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #13

Wow... a 300cc kit. That would be pretty cool. But I'm going the more affordable route on this project for now. Just keeping it as is.

So, thankfully, I was able to unbolt the forward engine cradle and rock it forward and inch or so. This let me pull the head and cylinder off. Well, I'll be. There be a hole in my piston!

So I pulled the cylinder off and removed the piston. Cylinder looks fine with no scaring or issues. So I measured up the piston and cylinder triplely and bought a new piston/rings and gaskets. 67mm diameter.

Thankfully the piston hole was tiny... so doesn't appear to be much debris blown into the lower case. Rod feels good and proper... and crank feels smooth and all. So, hopefully all will be fine. As soon as I get it running... I'll be changing the oil.

So I'm used to hole'ing a piston in all the 2-stroke engines I play with (jet skis)... but seems odd for a 4-stroke. It did have a torn rubber carb intake manifold. Could have been a bad enough air leak to run VERY lean. Well... I fixed that too.

Now to await for parts. Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)