Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
Spud, you can often lease cylinders from a place like Airgas. Look for a welding supply near you. When you run out of gas it will be nice to be able to exchange it quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
75/25 Argon/CO2, or 70/20 Argon/CO2, whichever the local welding supply shop carries.

Bottle size will depend upon the type of cart you buy/build. When you get the cylinder filled, don't be in a rush. Drop it off in the morning, and pick it up well in the afternoon. The longer they have to fill it, the more they can fit in the bottle. When full, the bottle should be at or near 2000psi.

Compare prices locally. When I bought my welder, it was cheaper to buy a bottle. That said, they have a 10 year life span, like propane bottles, before they need to be revalved and inspected.
Thank you for the good tips, gentlemen.

I just visited the Eastwood website, and the MIG 135 welder has increased in price from $279.99 to $297.49. I wouldn't be using the welder until next spring, so I am going to wait for another sale. I called Eastwood, and they told me they usually have a year-end sale during the holiday season, and also a sale near memorial day. Is the $280 price the best sale price?

P.S. I was pleased to discover they will only charge me $31.02 to ship that sixty pound package to Idaho.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894