Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

Bravo 110cc ATV questions

This is a tech question I mentioned in the new members forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...177#post243177

I've got this Bravo 110cc ATV. Anybody familiar with these things?

I went ahead and bought the carb Ebay for $14.

I'm having some weird issues with this thing. It's fouling plugs. The smoke looks blue but the exhaust smells like it's running too rich and spark plug looks carbon fouled but does not seem to be using an oil. The weird thing is I can ride this thing for an hour or two and as long as the engine is warmed up it will restart with no problem.

But the next day it won't start. Or might try to start but won't. If I pull the plug and bead blast the carbon off, it fires up.

Based on my experience with carbs, it seems like the float level needs adjusting. But I can't find any specs on what the level needs to be set to. But when the engine is not running, the carb does not leak fuel onto the ground from the overflow port. So to me it kind of sounds like the float level is not out of adjustment.

Here's a question related to the exhaust or emission system.

I'll take some photos if this doesn't make sense but there is what looks like a PVC valve (like on a lawnmower) that feeds into a pre-muffler on the exhaust. The hose is about 1/2". I traced it down to a device that looks like an EGR valve just dangling. There is another large port on it and a small port but both are not connected to anything. Can't rememeber if there are any wires going to it or not.

It sort of likes like an EGR valve that would goto a smog pump on a car. Is it emission related?

What is the function of this thing and do I need it? Can I remove it and blank off the port on the exhaust pipe?