Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2023, 08:30 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to JCorCA209
Doh! New Boom 2 Vader (BD125-10) Won't Stay Idle

Hello all!

Completely new rider here trying to rid my need of a car and switch to a bike. Never rode before, except for the Training Course that was recommended by the DMV. I felt sager doing so.

Anyways I have this bike 2022 Jiangsu Baidiao BD125-10 that I have fully assembled and ready to start on the rode... or so I thought!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r68qiyd9k...FEpiawvza?dl=0

I have included a like to my Dropbox with some random pictures and videos that I observed along with how it sounds when started. Not sure what I'm looking for so if you would like a specific look at something I can do my best to add it to the lists.

I did inspect all hoses and found the same crimped ones as others have found but nothing is pinched or crimped as of now. I have fuel in the filter and the carb. The oil was changed like suggested. And I attempted most of the tips I was finding in other threads. But they all had specific problems that were found and is different from my issue. Because of this I am at a loss for what to do now?? The only one I haven't tried yet was adjusting the clutch under the metal cover. I was waiting for this one because I just assumed it was not a clutch issue.

I was able to start it up by manually opening the choke as far as it could directly above the carb. It shuddered a bit at first and stalled. I started it back up and it stalled immediately again. After checking all hoses again and making sure all switches were in the correct positions. I started again with the full choke on the handlebars only and it started to stall. I opened the throttle a little to help hold the idle and it was able to hold for about 10 seconds before stalling again.
I decided to start in first gear at the next start up and was able to ride about 1.5 miles, testing the gears and keeping everything easy. I actually had no issues with 1st gear at all like most people were finding on similar modelsb with it being barely there or giving no power. I was able to get a good start with mine. Then it stalled and I had to pull over for a couple of minutes for it to cool down (it was VERY HOT!!) And smelled like hot metal of course. Once it was able to start again, this time on its own, I rode home testing 2nd and 3rd gear before it stalled again 1/4 mile from my driveway. I let it cool for a minute and it started on its own but I can tell the idle was not going to hold so I gave it some throttle after like 3 seconds and just rode it to the driveway where it died again. This time it was a little smoky (white) beneath the muffler, but stopped fairly quickly. I waited a few hours for it to cool down a lot and tried starting it again but it did not want to on its own so I left it alone for the day.
Tried starting again and it does start but it stalls immediately. I made sure the battery is fully charged up and don't see anything that stands out to me. But I am new to a bike so not sure where else to look other than the suggestions found in similar threads here and on YouTube. The bike does start up but will hold the idle.

I am in California so any thoughts of removing the EVAP system is definitely out of the question.
I have registed it partially only and need to take it to the DMV for inspection before getting plates. But I don't think it's ready for that stage yet.

There are these 2 "forks"/ metal bars underneath the fairing that look like the fairings should attach to with a screw or bolt. However it is not possible to make it fit without forcing too hard. I feared cracking or snapping the body so I did not attempt to do so. There are pictures in the folder as well to kind of show it better.

Tags
bd125-10, idle problems