Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #31

Batteries

Ok Guys - I just ordered one up from here:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-ytz7s-a...e-battery.html

Went looking all over the place only to NOT Find one. Well I shouldn't say that I found one at the local Tractor Supply for $89.00 +tax HOLY Crap!

I opted to order on-line - Should be a 1-2 Turn around anyways. I did find a fair priced battert Tener at Walmart for $20 and it includes the Pigtail with waterproof Plug. (Quuick Connect) for winter Storage and charging.
I also bought a Acid Nutrilizing Mat to put in the box. All for like $52 - Hope it all works out.....

Andrew

Old 02-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
Ok Guys - I just ordered one up from here:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-ytz7s-a...e-battery.html

Went looking all over the place only to NOT Find one. Well I shouldn't say that I found one at the local Tractor Supply for $89.00 +tax HOLY Crap!

I opted to order on-line - Should be a 1-2 Turn around anyways. I did find a fair priced battert Tener at Walmart for $20 and it includes the Pigtail with waterproof Plug. (Quuick Connect) for winter Storage and charging.
I also bought a Acid Nutrilizing Mat to put in the box. All for like $52 - Hope it all works out.....

Andrew
I think you made an excellent choice, Andrew! That particular battery has received good reviews on the TW200 forum. Also, that battery should be several pounds lighter than the stock battery you are replacing. Please keep us updated regarding the customer service you receive from Battery Mart, and the durability of this Chinese, AGM battery.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #33

Batteries

Will do - Here is what I picked up at Walmart today for $20 -

http://www.batterychargers.com/Produ...tName=94026717

I thought it was a pretty good deal sonce it included the Pigtail for the battery. Its certaintly saves removing the battery all the time from the bike, to keep it charged. This is funny becuase My Q Dealer TOLD me all this when I first got my bike. He said you may as well buy a new battery now. He also advised getting one of these pigtails to connect to the battery as well. You would thought I would have listened! LMAO Guess I was to excited just getting the new XF200 - I really wasn't hearing him. But Now I recall the "I Told you So" - Hahahahaha Oh well. It's all Good

Old 02-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #34

Re: Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCAndrew
Will do - Here is what I picked up at Walmart today for $20 -

http://www.batterychargers.com/Produ...tName=94026717

I thought it was a pretty good deal sonce it included the Pigtail for the battery. Its certaintly saves removing the battery all the time from the bike, to keep it charged. This is funny becuase My Q Dealer TOLD me all this when I first got my bike. He said you may as well buy a new battery now. He also advised getting one of these pigtails to connect to the battery as well. You would thought I would have listened! LMAO Guess I was to excited just getting the new XF200 - I really wasn't hearing him. But Now I recall the "I Told you So" - Hahahahaha Oh well. It's all Good
For some reason, your link didn't work for me, Andrew. However, I found the battery charger on the website as product SEM-1562A; it looks very nice! If this charger is on sale for $20, I'm going to get one also!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-20-2011, 04:08 PM   #35

Once you put the AGM in you probably wont need the charger. AGMs are great and are my fave but the two things that kill them are letting them get below 1/2 (which I have yet to have happen) and over/quick charging them.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #36

Battery Charger

YEP - Spud thats definately the one - WALMART $20

I got one becuase I figure during the winter months when my bike is in storage - This will be nice to have.

As far as the battery goes, yeah I don't think I will need it, becuase it says the batttery will arrive fully charged.

Now all I need is some semi-decent riding weather! Holy crap I hate NW Pennsylvania - Today weather was complete cloudiness / Rain and a high of 30 degrees - WTF? LMAO

Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #37

Battery Charger

jUST FOUND THIS ONE TOO: IF Your local wally world doesn't have one in stock:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-cliplig...y-charger.html

Comes with the same harnesses.

Andrew

Old 02-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #38

by any chance Does anyone know the number of links that the q's 428 chain has? Looking to acquire a backup .

Old 02-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #39

chain size and sprocket info

I belive it's 132 - 134 range 428 chain OEM 15T Front sprocket and 44t rear sprocket

Old 02-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #40

Thanks JTCAndrew !! But does anyone know the exact number of links for the chain of the xf200. By the way my last tank of gas got me 94mpg. I also opened her up on that last tank just to see what she would do, hit 80mph and still climbing when I ran out of straight road.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #41

Your Chain and more

The only other way to get a true count I guess would be to sit down and start counting - Sorry. 94MPG is Fantastic. I really want to believe the 80mph but everything I read about actual speed has been various. Many say the Speedo is NOT accurate, etc....Did you do any Mods to your bike? Thats an awesome speed for the "Q" Especially a 200cc - If mine will do 70 mph I'll be happy. I've virtually done all the Mods - 16t Front Sprocket Swap , Changed the Jets in the Carb, Replaced the entire Exaust system with A Pro Circuit T4. Besides anything over 70 on a bike like this I would tend to start worrying about the wheels vibrating off! Hehehehehe. How was the stability at that speed? Was the engine Rev'd out quite a bit? Curious. I have yet to put 1 mile on mine yet as there is no sign of the snow here disappearing anytime soon. Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

Andrew

Old 02-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #42

I have completed all the same upgrades as you JTCAndrew except I went with a LEX can which has interchangeable spark arrestor and baffles(absolutely love the sound that comes out of this true four stroke muff.). I also weigh 120lb which is a + when it come to mpg’s and so forth. When I did my speed test it was on a fairly short stretch of road. The bike did not even get up to top speed as stated before. It was still climbing the speepO when I had to let up. As far as rpms where concerned I honestly had no time to look down and read the rpm’s going 80 on such a short stretch of road. But yeah I was surprised as well especially when I still don’t know the max speed of this bike yet! As far a stability I have nothing to gage or compare as this is my first road bike , though the shear air flow at that speed did create some instability.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #43

what size jets are you running with that exhaust?

Old 02-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #44

35 - 125

Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #45

cool - Nice pics....Where did you get that rack for it? I have to have one! LMAO