Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #1

New to this site.

Hello everybody, I don't own a MIC bike however I want one. I also have been in the business of selling them for about a year now. My family moved from Ohio to Texas and I am in an appartment and have no where to store one. When I was in Ohio I owned a polaris ATV and I miss it very much. I am wanting to convert to a pit bike I don't sell Lifan but...... Anyhow I just stumbeled across this forum and thought I would join and maybe pick up some technical pointers.

Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #2

welcome jenny. You're at the right place for that.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:04 PM   #3

Re: New to this site.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
I am in an appartment and have no where to store one.
That's the nice thing about these China bikes and the reason I bought one. They're nearly disposable. In my opinion, its not nice enough to worry about storage. I let mine sit outside 24/7/365 since I live in a townhouse with no garage. Over the winter I put it under our deck but didn't even bother to cover it. I figured it would be nearly junk by now but it still looks amazingly good and it starts and runs like it did when new. The plactic, which I thought would give me troubles, is actually holding up really well. The Chinese must be using a much better grade of plastic than I originally thought because it still looks like new. On the other hand, the bolts are obviously not of any quality since nearly every single bolt on the thing has rust.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #4

I agree with you about the bolts, I would suggest replacements. I have told my boss who's father is a China manufacture that is one of the biggest problems is with the bolts rusting and falling out. I am tring to get them to upgrade with a good lock nut as well. I think the plastic has come a long way. Where I am located in Dallas the problem isn't that I wouldn't want to store it outside but that the bike would disappear if I did so. I have thought about chaining it to a tree or something but they would just take the chain as well. I guess that is what you get for cheap rent.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Welcome!

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 05-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Where I am located in Dallas the problem isn't that I wouldn't want to store it outside but that the bike would disappear if I did so.
Oh. That makes more sense. But I have to wonder, whoever steals a Chinese bike will probably get what they deserve won't they? They're kind of naturally boobie trapped if you know what I mean. But you could try this bumper sticker:

http://www.cafepress.com/chinariders.105339031

That reminds me, I've been meaning to order one of those stickers...

Old 05-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #7

Things that have disappeared off my secound story balcony so far. 2-crappy lawnchairs "the plastic broken wal-mart kind" 1-ashtray with cig butts included, 1-plastic plant, 1-pair of muddy nike running shoes. If I forget anything even a bag of trash it will vanish by morning. I am sure they would take the sticker too. I still want one though. When I get my bike after we move it will be subjected to my sticker happy hands.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:11 PM   #8

wow that sounds like vancouver. when I lived there any way. and if you try to booby trap some thing it only gets worse. I found if you give them some thing like smokes or food it helps. 8) word get around and they watch out for you. That what I found. Good luck

Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 PM   #9

I may have to try that. Maybe if I leave a can of beer out every night they will leave the rest alone.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #10

in vancouve they (the street people)seem to value the empty can more than the full ones so maybe save them up for a week and offer them. Do they have a refund on empty can there?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #11

I am not sure if they can get money for the cans or not.......maybe that is why they keep taking my trash. Unfortuneately it isn't homeless people it's my neighbors in the complex. I call them $30,000 millionairs because they live in low rent projects and drive Hummers.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #12

WHAT! thats funny. maybe you'll have to fight fire with fire. STEAL their hummer. or maybe it's the FBI stealing your trash???? Maybe I watch too much TV?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #13

Quote:
I am not sure if they can get money for the cans or not.......
I thought recycling beer cans in Texas = taking them to the gun range and shooting at them?

Quote:
I call them $30,000 millionairs because they live in low rent projects and drive Hummers.
That's pretty good. Hadn't heard that before but I think it exists pretty much everywhere to some extent. We've got some $30k millionairs around here but the Escalade seems to be the ride of choice.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #14

up here we call them 3day millionairs and it is on the last wed,thur,and fri of the month ya know what I mean?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #15

Re: New to this site.

Quote:
Hello everybody, I don't own a MIC bike however I want one. I also have been in the business of selling them for about a year now. My family moved from Ohio to Texas and I am in an appartment and have no where to store one. When I was in Ohio I owned a polaris ATV and I miss it very much. I am wanting to convert to a pit bike I don't sell Lifan but...... Anyhow I just stumbeled across this forum and thought I would join and maybe pick up some technical pointers.
SO........what do you sell? cough..plug....cough