Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #1

BBB gives Tank an "F"!

Hey, gang;

I decided to check Tank with the Better Business Bureau. Although not a member (no surprises there), they are still rated as an "F". According the BBB this is defined as:

"We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."

Wish I had checked them out before I bought my bike...seriously.

Here's the BBB link I got the info from:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...nyID=100021979

Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #2

Don't feel too bad. Here's the link to Roketa's rating. Note, Goldenvale Inc. is the parent company for Roketa imports. Take a guess what THEIR rating is. B_I_N_G_O!!

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13213725

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to TheOtherRide
And let's not leave out Viva and it's various DBA's:

ATVSWholesale.com
Viva Scooters
Viva Motorsports
Viva Motors
Viva Motor Sport
Pocket Bikes Wholesaler
Bestag.com

Yep, ALL F's!

But here's the kicker...Tomoto Industries, the company which imported my bike, has an A.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #4

Sucks, doesn't it?

Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #5

Re: BBB gives Tank an "F"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_cool
WOW, thanks for the link. I'm putting that one in my back pocket and am going to use it before making ANY internet purchases. Take a look at "xxx Motorsports". Remind me not to ever order from them. They may not have an F, but the shear number of complaints would have me worried:

The only fear I have is that many online webfronts will change their name if they get a bad bbb rating so you have to really make sure you know who you're ordering from.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
Regardless of "who" or "what" you order. It seems to come with the territory. My work imports some cheap goods from China. It gives our QA guys more work then they can handle. Lots of times we will have to "reject" and "rework" a whole batch of stuff. Things come in out of spec, assembled wrong, water damaged... ect. There's a reason China=Cheap. And this is from a Chinese factory under our direct control, we own it. I can only imagine the problems when dealing 3rd party.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkomp316
Regardless of "who" or "what" you order. It seems to come with the territory. My work imports some cheap goods from China. It gives our QA guys more work then they can handle. Lots of times we will have to "reject" and "rework" a whole batch of stuff. Things come in out of spec, assembled wrong, water damaged... ect. There's a reason China=Cheap. And this is from a Chinese factory under our direct control, we own it. I can only imagine the problems when dealing 3rd party.
That's pretty bad!