Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:15 AM   #1

2007 American Lifan lf200gy-5 delivered

All I can say WOW this the smoothest single cyl I have ever rode, Dumped shipping oil and put in 10w40 valvoline motorcycle 4 stroke oil 1.1 qt. This bike is great compared to a 200 cc Honda @ 4,500.00 + freight and prep I got a hell of a deal @ 1,330.00 delivered can't beat it with a stick. Screwed around 4hrs checking things and assy. Took the bike on the back roads went 54 miles so far. The 2007 American Lifan has
> -Counter-Balanced Engine (this cured the vibration issue and added
a little
> horsepower)

> -Rear Drum Brakes (There was an issue with the back breaks on the
06' models
> and this was addressed)

> -Front fork Guards (this was just a basic styling change)
>
> -New battery (This battery is bigger and fits much better, the
battery was
> also moved further away from the exhaust pipe)
>
> -New Seat Mount (Assembly is much easier with the cable fastener
instead of
> the bolt) PRICE INCREASE 100.00

Old 05-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #2

I didn't think American Lifan drop shipped???

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #3

No dealer in Indiana that would sell me one found a deal that would drop ship Shawn @ American Lifan ok'd it!

Old 05-21-2007, 10:48 AM   #4

To the best of my knowledge American Lifan doesnt drop ship. They have in certain instances and for good reason. For example: one of thier dealers from Colorado recently (One Stop Motorcycle Shop) went out of business. I think they did something wrong/unethical and they made lots of promises to people with deals and I was one of them.

Moto Xtreme (Brian Mays) was nice enough to accpet what One stop MC shop quoted me, which means he isnt making a dime on tha sale...and he aranged with American Lifan to drop ship the bike for me like One Stop agreeed to do. So I think this is nothing more than American Lifan trying to make good on bad dealers they had within thier network. Again "pats on the back" to Brian Mays (Moto Xtreme) and American Lifan in my case anyway for going the extra mile.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #5

Did you have a 06(or older) to compare too (for vibration?)

Glad you like it

Old 05-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #6

No I never had an 06 but have many bikes thru the years an I could not believe how smooth this bike runs does not vibrate. And I did talk to the guy at Moto Xtreme he said if I couldnt get the bike he would get it for me and I was one of the guys from onestop motorcycle shop whos order got filled I ordered this bike on march 10th,07 and he delivered. But he's out of bussness so I would call MOTO Xtreme
3278 Stuarts Draft Hwy.
Waynesboro, VA 22980
1-540-447-4376
He seams like an up right dealer and was pleasent to talk to!!!.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #7

I just spoke with Shawn on some "dealer issues". So far I am impressed with the product. They also seem to care about their customers too.

I think my "dealer" is going to be cut-off.

I am thinking about becoming a dealer so that I can treat people right. It seems to be what the American Lifan company wants to be known for.

Allen

Old 05-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #8

So where's the pics Bob??? We LOVE pics, time to breakout the camera and start postin...

Old 05-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #9

You guys are the greatest. I wish everyone "local" was half as nice as you folks have been.

Special thanks to those of you who have purchased your bike from me. Remember, It is YOU-The customer that gives American Lifan the name, not the dealer. I want every customer to feel as if they are the only customer!

Bill, thank you for the kind words in our conversation eariler today. I know Bruce and I know he will have the mirror out to you in no time.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #10

Allen,
I seen in your post you were interested in becoming a dealer for American Lifan. You also asked if the Lifan bikes I offer on the web come assembled or not.

All sales derived from my website will need to be assembled by an authorized person, i.e. another motorcycle dealer. As a reputable dealer myself, I want the American Lifan name to be one people can trust and not degraded from a "would be" mechanic who assembles something wrong and then blames American Lifan! So yes, they do need to be assembled.

Thank You for your comment on my web page. More reputable dealers, rather than those who sell just to make an extra buck, are always needed. If I can be of more assestance to you feel free to let me know.

Hope you can be of service there in Atlanta.

On a side note: Where in Atlanta are you? The reason I ask is because I travel to Atlanta (norcross really) every so often. How far are you from there? PLEASE PM or email me. (I'm getting off subject)

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein