Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #1

AHRMA 125 bike

WASUP? Been a while.

Looking for some answers about AHRMA. I want to enter into a "purpase built machine" petition for the Classic 125 or the Sportsman 125 class races, but I have some questions. I have only brushed the AHRMA book.

This is the bike I plan on racing...
Its an RCM50. Or otherwise known as a Honda CD50 or SS50. One of the many Honda single cylinder engine bikes...like the cub or CL50,70, CS90...etc...

I have desided on going into the race with a Lifan 125cc motor.

I cannot use the 24mm flatslide like I wanted cause it isn't part of the era of motor racing. AHRMA clearly states that. :(

I would like to run that agressive cam, but I might want to hold off and use the engine some before cracking that open.

I got an outlet on some PERFECT dunlopes... GOOD STICKY
Unfortunatly nothing wider than 2.1 inchs is alowed, but that might mean rim width. :(

I've already lowered it about an inch or two in the front and because of the rider position I don't think it is nessesary to lower the back end but I will get adjustable rear suspension just in case.

1. Does anybody know what AHRMA's feelings are toward china. I mean the bike I am racing is using all Honda "dickdog" engine parts and components availible during the era. So I don't see why they would have a problem with me racing in some of the less strick classes like the for mentioned. (aside from the mag rims that I am using)

2. Has anyone had an experience with this cam It looks pretty strait forward... make sure the valves have time to close I know. I was just concerned about duration. Granted he says that with 120+ engines it isn't a real big problem... Heck what eva I'll just get tougher springs. Still opinions?

3. AHRMA states that the exhaust should match the era motorcycle. Megaphones or martini canisters are what does. Does anybody know a good source for megaphones? I can custom make one, but its a pain... IDK if I cannot find a lite weight one for cheap then I'll just bend some Al.

4. Now kind of a general question. Has anybody here competed in AHRMA races?

5. Anybody wanna buy some advertisment space :wink:
Just parts suport would help in exchange for some space on the bike or uniform.

Anywho just looking for some tips. :P

Old 07-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #2

I don't have any knowledge about AHRMA, but I really dig what you're doing. I have a Yamaha YB100 that I've considered building in a similar way for the street.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #3

Just put honda covers on the engine.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Just put honda covers on the engine.
Can't :(

The 6v Honda engines that use the Hitachi ignition have a smaller flywheel than the Chinese CDI.

I have a Mitsubishi flywheel, but if I remeber corectly it is even smaller than the Hitachi.

I can't see why the would have a problem with me using a chinese made engine because the technology in china bikes is from the 60s.
Except for the CDI witch I could swap out, but I want the voltage from it in high rpms.

My main concern is weither or not they will let the frame itself be entered. Seems like AHRMA might take offense to a new reproduction chinese frame becasue it is "not true to the era". Whateva China is the same as Japan was in the 60s.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #5

I have a CL70 frame.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
I have a CL70 frame.
Do you have rims? Looking to let the frame go?

I kinda would like to use what I have first but that would be SICK to have more. :twisted:

I can't get enough of these Honda singles... I have a 1967 CD50 that is my daily ride to work, I have the 1971 CT70 for dirt, and the chinese RCM50 which is the same as the CD50 hopfully for the track.

Too much? :roll:

EDIT: I really would like to open the door for China in AHRMA. Because it is the same stuff.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #7

PM sent on the parts.