Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #16

It's hard to tell for sure with the main jet, because it's still screwed into the emulsion tube. If you remove it and take another pic, I can confirm it's the same. If I have to guess, I'll say yes.

The slow jet is exactly the same as mine. A #25 slow jet and #100 main jet will get you really close.

Slow jet (they call them pilot jets): http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...-486_pilot.htm

Main jet: http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_car...arge_round.htm

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #17

Ok. got the Main jet off, the threads are the same as the ones on the kit but the head of the jet is larger then the one in the kit, is this an issue??? thanks..

Old 11-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #18

hate to hijack, but has anyone tried one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-A...-/370524674666 on the 200 clones? I like the idea of having the accelerator pump, it would be a huge upgrade.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchestaro
Ok. got the Main jet off, the threads are the same as the ones on the kit but the head of the jet is larger then the one in the kit, is this an issue??? thanks..
Not sure if it's an issue, because it was meant for a different carb. If you can find a numbered drill bit set, you can confirm that the jets are the same inside diameter by inserting drill bits through the jets. That said, you can just drill out your stock main jet to whatever size you wish.

As an example, you can drill out the jet with a #57 drill bit, which is really close to 110 (it's actually 1.09mm). A #56 is 1.18mm.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveywaters
hate to hijack, but has anyone tried one of these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-A...-/370524674666 on the 200 clones? I like the idea of having the accelerator pump, it would be a huge upgrade.
Not sure if it would be a power upgrade, but it would be easier to start. Honda used a similar carb on the early XL's for that reason. The XR's got a regular carb, which made more power, but was a bear to start when the engine was hot. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. It also depends on the availability of replacement jets.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #21

Weldangrind, I'm surprised you would mention drilling out a jet! A jet has a ventral (hour glass) design which increases the velocity of the material flowing through. When drilled, although the opening is larger, you can in fact decrease the volume because of a loss of suction. It's always best to replace the jet. I am assuming that weld'ngrind was merely illustrating a point.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #22

I get the design, but I've done it anyway. I wanted to quantify the results of installing a larger jet before buying them, and drilling the jet worked just fine for me. YMMV.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #23

Thanks Weld For The info. I much rather buy the Jet. Sigma Is Going to send me the Right one but i am going to order one regardless.....
I Have to say Iam Adicted to this Forum...

The people here are amassing..
Thanks A million Times....

Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #24

Hey Guys Here is An Update. Sigma came thru and send me the right jets but they send me a 22.5 pilot jet and 110,105 main jet, good thing i order the 25 pilot Jet from jetsrus like weld suggested.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #25

I'm looking forward to hearing about how it runs with the new jets.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #26

This is the same as my PZ30 carb which i fitted to my XY200, im still having some slow jet issues, ill update my thread.
http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...=138532#138532