Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #1

Anyone come up with a good battery box mod?

Ok, Im am getting this bike dialed in pretty good thanks to all your help. Next on my list is getting the battery, electric start, etc working again.

At the same time that I lost my brakelight/fender assembly I broke my battery box as well, had to drive back to camp with everything on the seat between my legs. Scince then I have never got all the electrics ironed out and have been driving with a dead battery and some zipties, long screws etc holding everything in place.

I would like to get everything back working but my starting point will have to be something that will hold the battery when I go offroad again.

Thanks again for everyones help....

Old 04-29-2012, 07:02 AM   #2

If it was me and wanted something qick and dirty I would look in the food storage container section of your local big box store. We have Big Lots around here that has food storage boxes that would work for a CBs smaller battery.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #3

here s what i did

you may need a few tools and materials to do a good job

Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #4

what i did on my 2007 komoto is i toke some 1/16" plate and made a box that fit my battery then i found a spot located under my seat where i wanted to mount and could fit the battery and welded a piece of tube with 2 bolts on it to my frame and then added some tabs to the battery box and i just use black duct tape wraped acouple times to hold the battery in.