Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
if you really want to pay this much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPEED...mZ150096483355

i'd ask them to confirm its in MPH before purchasing.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #17

Most likely that speedometer is in miles per hour but the odometer is probably still in Kilometers. It look just like ours and that is how they are.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy-Rider
Dose anyone know where I can get a replacement speedo for the square model? mine came in KM and I want MPH. If anyone has a link to a vender that suplies them it would be appreciated....
Thanks
The replacement speedometer issue has been discussed here before. A search might get you the info you are looking for.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:15 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldshadow
That gauge looks like the Roketa DB-07 I was looking at.

Any Roketa bikers to agree/disagree?
Same here.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 AM   #20

Re: Couple ? About The Lifan 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiNinja07
I have been recently looking at the lifan 200 and I dont know what to do. Perhaps you can help me

My choices for where to buy the bike is online for 1399 shipped (the website im looking at is motoxtreme but I would order from any reputable site.
From one dealer that doesnt have them in stock but can order them but since hes only ordering one he has to pay shipping so he said it would come out to 1650. Or From another (bigger) dealer that has them for sale for 2200. I almost cried after traveling for two hours and then seeing a two for the first digit on the price tag :(

Another problem is that the first dealer cant get them street legal and the second dealer already has them street legal. But for that price I can get a nice used Jap bike lol.

The first dealer said I wouldnt be able to get it street legal because new york doesnt allow any bike that has offroad only on the MSO (not sure if this is true but does the lifan 200 have that on the MSO)

Please Help :(
Well, I ordered my GY-5 from MotoXtreme on June 11th, it arrived June 18th at 9am. Before buying I wrote and called as many dealers as possible. Of them all, Brian was the most willing to talk (most didn't even bother to return e-mails or answer the phone!) and seemed to know what he was talking about. I guess we talked about three times before I shelled out any money. After I got my bike I had a couple of questions and he was right there with me on the phone. I have absolutely no regrets buying from Motoxtreme. Granted I don't have the MSO yet, but before I bought the bike Brian said it would be a little over a week after I got the bike before the MSO gets sent to him from American Lifan. (This was one of the things I liked, he discussed the entire process BEFORE I agreed to buy anything from him). And he is a licensed American Lifan dealer, so his bikes are the real deal. There is a guy local to me selling a bike for $2300 that he swears is a Lifan... now that I have a real Lifan I know the only thing Lifan about the local dealer's bike is the engine, and that's the older version. The frames, brakes and suspension are different. Brian's prices are also the lowest I have seen for a Lifan.
I'm very happy with my GY-5, the 07's are very smooth running and have very good power. I have had mine up to 60mph and could have easily went faster, but it's still very tight and I didn't want to push it. But there were almost no vibes and the suspension is set up pretty well (actually a bit soft for street riding).

Old 06-21-2007, 07:25 AM   #21

yes,...single round speedo picture identical to my Roketa DB-07A
2019 Brozz 250

Old 06-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothead
Quote:
I have been recently looking at the lifan 200 and I dont know what to do. Perhaps you can help me

My choices for where to buy the bike is online for 1399 shipped (the website im looking at is motoxtreme but I would order from any reputable site.
From one dealer that doesnt have them in stock but can order them but since hes only ordering one he has to pay shipping so he said it would come out to 1650. Or From another (bigger) dealer that has them for sale for 2200. I almost cried after traveling for two hours and then seeing a two for the first digit on the price tag :(

Another problem is that the first dealer cant get them street legal and the second dealer already has them street legal. But for that price I can get a nice used Jap bike lol.

The first dealer said I wouldnt be able to get it street legal because new york doesnt allow any bike that has offroad only on the MSO (not sure if this is true but does the lifan 200 have that on the MSO)

Please Help :(
Well, I ordered my GY-5 from MotoXtreme on June 11th, it arrived June 18th at 9am. Before buying I wrote and called as many dealers as possible. Of them all, Brian was the most willing to talk (most didn't even bother to return e-mails or answer the phone!) and seemed to know what he was talking about. I guess we talked about three times before I shelled out any money. After I got my bike I had a couple of questions and he was right there with me on the phone. I have absolutely no regrets buying from Motoxtreme. Granted I don't have the MSO yet, but before I bought the bike Brian said it would be a little over a week after I got the bike before the MSO gets sent to him from American Lifan. (This was one of the things I liked, he discussed the entire process BEFORE I agreed to buy anything from him). And he is a licensed American Lifan dealer, so his bikes are the real deal. There is a guy local to me selling a bike for $2300 that he swears is a Lifan... now that I have a real Lifan I know the only thing Lifan about the local dealer's bike is the engine, and that's the older version. The frames, brakes and suspension are different. Brian's prices are also the lowest I have seen for a Lifan.
I'm very happy with my GY-5, the 07's are very smooth running and have very good power. I have had mine up to 60mph and could have easily went faster, but it's still very tight and I didn't want to push it. But there were almost no vibes and the suspension is set up pretty well (actually a bit soft for street riding).
Thanks for the responce

I guess if I get one it will be from motoxtreme and especially now that I know they sell real American Lifans. My only problem is I dont know if I will be able to get it street legal in my state (NY)? Can anyone from New York who has went through this process explain anything they know?

Old 06-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Thanks for the responce

I guess if I get one it will be from motoxtreme and especially now that I know they sell real American Lifans. My only problem is I dont know if I will be able to get it street legal in my state (NY)? Can anyone from New York who has went through this process explain anything they know?
Don't know about NY. The sticker on mine says it's 50 state legal, CARB and EPA cerified. Check with your DMV to see what's needed to title an imported bike. It's propably on the New York State website. (http://www.nysdmv.com/register.htm) looks like it might have the info you need.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #24

Thanks for the link to the e-bay speed-o. Price is about what i expected, at least its a cheaper hobbie than my last one.

Thanks again for the response jkomp316

Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #25

Got the MSO and the plate is on the bike
It took a bit longer then usual because I am the first in NE to license a Lifan gy-5 but as long as I have the plate I really don't mind at all

Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldshadow
That gauge looks like the Roketa DB-07 I was looking at.

Any Roketa bikers to agree/disagree?
Yes, that is the same as the Roketa DB07A speedo. The ODO and trip meter ARE in miles, not km. The Roketas don't have a tach because the Zongshen OHC motors don't have a tach drive on the engine like the pushrod motors do.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #27

As for a new speedo that reads in MPH I would get a Trailtech speedo.

As for reg. in NY, you should try moto and ask him - I bet he's sold to NY.

And where are you in NE? I'm in KS. Watch out, the ChinaRiders are taking over the Plains!!! LOL