Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 12:43 AM   #16

I remember dial up, I feel for ya.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #17

These bikes will take a lot of trail riding abuse no doubt..... They won't however stand up under MX track abuse. IMHO that is. Adult MX, I mean. I would suspect the footpegs to be the first breakage point from jumping the bike a lot.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #18

I also have dialup and it sucks. I did watch the video with the green bike and it was cool! It took at least 30 minutes to load so I just spent that time reading SamM's thread about his viva mods. Its a good read!

Thanks guys for posting the videos!

Jeremy

Old 07-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega_man
best way to wheelie these bad boys is with weight shift and throttle - no clutch.

frankly it just doesn't have the HP to clutch a wheelie with my fat ass onboard! (280lbs dry)

my Nephew - now he wheelies with clutch - but he's twelve - and weighs about 80lbs!

me, I stand up - gas it - let the gas off while leaning forward to compress the front forks - then roll back on the gas while leaning back and up she comes!

if you can wheelie a bicycle you can wheelie this bad boy :-)

Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #20

thats a cool picture!
I am a professional Trials bike rider (mountain bikes) and am good at wheeling them and it sounds like you are using almost the same technique as on the bicycle so maybe I will be able to ride some cool wheelies when I get a china bike!

My longest wheelie is over 8 miles on my mountain bike! I am thinking about trying to go for a world record but have not set things up yet.

Thanks for the photos!
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Old 07-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #21

That pic makes me cry Looks just like my bike, but I don't do that. I buy it spark plugs, and oil and talk to it softly. Maybe some flowers.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #22

I plan on taking my bike up north saturday and riding it very hard.

After doing that on my wifes bike we noticed the front forks were very smooth but possibly the springs were a bit compressed/unsprung also.
We may have to look into replacement springs if the stockers prove to weak.

I could never have ridden her bike as hard as I did without the engine bolts having been replaced.We had broken the stock engine mounting bolts just doing mild(very mild) offroad riding last year.

If I get to a place that isnt all sand I'll try to do a wheelie on mine.I'll probally have to load the front and pop it up also.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #23

So it sounds to me like the weakest link to these bikes is all the bolts?

If I were to replace every bolt do you think the bike would hold up to offroad riding and miled jumps (3 feet tall and smaller)

I want a bike I can have a little fun on but dont really want to spend $4,000 on it. I am still not sure if the china bike is up to the task.

Jeremy

Old 07-06-2007, 03:22 PM   #24

I think they'll jump as well as MOST dual sport bikes. The bigger ones weigh more so they don't jump much higher either. This is just MHO though.
Replacing the stock bolts is a decent idea but then there will be something weaker that will probably break.

I rode mine pretty hard when I first got it and was very impressed with what it would do for me and the hills it would pull. I don't do that as much now because I know it'll do it.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #25

I've abused mine pretty good, no real jumps though, and it has all held together very well... The only bolts I would worry about changing would be the motor mounts. I've also head of swingarm bolts breaking, but mine hasn't so I don't know about that.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #26

Thank you guys so much for your help! I am extremly happy that I found this site.

If I had not found you guys I would have given up on trying to get a china bike.

Thanks again!
Jeremy

Old 07-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #27

I don't ever plan to jump my bike, but it may happen an some very small jumps. I think that the weak link will be the rear suspension parts and the engine mounting bolts. The rear doesn't have alot of travel.

I have jumped my mountain bike off the deck about a 5 foot drop. That hurt.

Allen

Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 PM   #28

I once drove a moped off a work bench at work that was nutts.

I do worry about the foot peg bolts breaking as well as the axle bolts and the swing arm bolts and oh yeah the brake mounting bolts well pretty much every bolt on it except the ones I put on it.

I say ride it, be careful, and I always remember it's just a dualsport not a full on MXer.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #29

Quote:
I once drove a moped off a work bench at work that was nutts.
PCTN LOLSH
Passed coffee through nose, laughed out loud so hard

Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #30

how was the moped after that?

I am sort of concerned about the axle and swingarm bolts too... But not really much else. I have abused my bike, I've run it up the highway for hours strait, getting the revs up to like 9K, hit numerous potholes at like 70KM/h and did a few small jumps (an afterthought, saw the bit of a hump coming and gunned it and pulled up, got it off a little I believe), as well as riding over curbs and sidewalks. It has held up, I am way harder on this thing then on my street bike. I am sort of testing it, so far so good