Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #16

Yes the prices are much better through taobao. Please keep us updated of how it goes for you.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #17

Will do. Thanks

Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #18

Cdi unit ordered and will ship today, had a slight glitch with the number on the form and was sorted out very quickly, total cost $60. According to what I've been reading that's a pretty good price, I will be ordering the extra supplies from Tobago later today and will update on the progress. I ordered a good amount of stuff as follows
2 Cdi units
2 foam air filters
Front brakes
Firing coil
Stator (piece inside left crankcase cover)
Rear brake light assembly
Rear wheel hub
Throttle cable
Clutch cable
Complete set of frame plastics including a seat
The total including domestic shipping is us$113.00
After ordering I will find out what the international shipping to the USA would be
I will keep all posted

Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #19

Sorry , correction, I will be ordering from TAOBAO china, not Tobago.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #20

So you ordered all that from Zongshen & thats the total shipped. And you guys say tabao is cheaper!? Looks like I need to look into this & get some stuff.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #21

I ordered 1 Cdi unit from zongshen America for a total of $60 including shipping
All the other items were ordered from taobao at the cost of $113 including domestic shipping. International shipping will be calculated then paid and is estimated to be around $50 so the total should be around $163 including all items costs, suppliers fees, domestic shipping and international shipping to the USA.
It took me a while to figure out how to order from them even after i read the posts supplied but I know how to do it now, so if you decide to order from them and need help just let me know. Also spud verified in a previous post from another member that what he saw from the pics supplied he's sure they are the genuine zongshen parts. I ordered from the same site so it should be the same for the parts I ordered.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #22

You've ordered few parts, excellent. . Now you'll just have to wait. As you probably know i got mine in 12 days. It's usually the international shipping not the parts which is the most expensive part of the process. It's still cheap. :wink: When I ordered parts from taobao, total gross weight was 2.94KGS, the shipping fee by EMS was USD48.01.

Did you get your parts from this (ccqtvkocheng) taobao seller?

Old 10-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #23

I was calculating that and shipping will be expensive for my order seeing I ordered a rear wheel hub that weighs 4kgs by itself. Didn't know that at the time. Lol. I will check the other shippers prices and see where to go from there. Thanks a lot. Also I don't mind the wait time seeing I already ordered a Cdi unit from zongshen America that I picked up and installed a short while ago so my bike is back on the road.
Thanks for the help.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #24

Hey spud as I read a post you had about ordering from tbtrends you used DHL as the international shipper. Did you have a choice and decided to go with them and are they cheaper that the EMS shippers and others. Thanks for all the help from all you guys. The problem was definitely the Cdi. I installed the new one a short while ago and my bike runs again. Thank God.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #25

I'm not surprised the CDI unit failed. :roll: I'm glad you are riding once again.

I was going to use the standard shipping method from TBTrends, but the agent asked if he could ship via DHL Express. He said the shipping price was the same, and the service would be better. I happily agreed to the DHL Express shipping, and my items arrived in excellent condition.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #26

Ok sounds good. I will ask the agent what my options are.
My biggest thing is how expensive everything g will be after shipping to the Bahamas. The items will be shipped to Florida and I'm looking for it to cost around $80 to $100. Then I will have to have the items shipped to Nassau Bahamas and our government charges 75% duty on parts and shipping charges. So at the end I'm looking at the following
Item costs and agent fees $113
International shipping $100
Customs duty $100+$113*75%= $160
Final shipping costs $50
Overall total $423.00
So it is expensive for me but still cheaper than if I ordered from zongshen America. The one Cdi unit I ordered from there cost $60 including shipping to Fort Lauderdale then shipped to Bahamas cost $21 and customs duty was $45 total cost $126.00

Old 10-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabesco
...The one Cdi unit I ordered from there cost $60 including shipping to Fort Lauderdale then shipped to Bahamas cost $21 and customs duty was $45 total cost $126.00
Egads!!! 8O You have my sympathies. :(

Spud :?

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #28

Some things here are too expensive and sometimes it makes you feel like its a conspiracy. Lol. When I imported the bike the duty was 85% of all costs before importation, same for importing cars and trucks, luxury vehicles are 100% ,

Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #29

Thanks once again to all you knowledgeable guys out there. Without ur help I would probably not be riding again so quickly, y
This forum is the best. With the best set of persons to advise us rookies,,,thanks again

Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #30

We're all happy to help, Pabesco. Your enthusiasm and willingness to wrench on your bike is the key. Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer