Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #91

I thought usually there would be a phone number/contact number for both sender and reciever so contact could be attempted to avoid such things as "sending an item back".

Also, to be addressed as "Customer" seems very generic..... Sorry to hear of your trouble. Good luck.

Jack
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #92

mrhyak,

The original bill of lading has both addresses and phone #'s. Nobody called me, I had to call them (the freight co.). They picked the bike up on the 23rd apparently without checking the address.

Update:
I just now got a final update from DHE (the freight co.) that included a scan of the 'no service area' notice to Deeal Inc, (PowersportsMax.com) They knew they had screwed up on the 26th, AND they had the %alls to charge Deeal Inc. $127 bucks for the round trip (Whittier, CA to Sacramento, CA and back again)! Bet I'm their favorite customer right now :?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:47 PM   #93

Man that sucks big time, That frieght company should have to eat the cost..They broke the contract. They could have at least tried to squedule a pickup nearby for You. Either way..I hope You get Your bike soon.

Good luck.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #94

Man O man...this is just crappy!! :evil:

DHE has issues...they should have known at the moment they were contracted to deliver the bike by the supplied address. And yet they didn't?

It's like they took the carton on a little joyride around cali...at least someone is putting miles on speedee...

I'm sure PSM is not at all happy about this...as i know you are not!!

Hopefully they will get that bad boy delivered to a location you can pick it up from...

Still crossing fingers for you my man!! :wink:
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 08-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #95

Franco is THE MAN!!!

Franco is the guy at PowersportsMax.com that I originally talked to right before I ordered. Today he called me to say that they were sorry and would be crediting my account a full refund. I was bummin' and asked him if there was any other option, could I pick it up at their warehouse (no), could they ship it to another city such as St. George, Utah (about 3 hours north of me)? Franco said "St. George?", yeah I could drive up and pick it up from a terminal... So Franco said "let me check on that possibility, I'll call you back in a few minutes".

About 15 minutes later Franco called me back and said that the freight company that could do St. George didn't have a terminal there and they can only deliver to commercial addresses. Guess what? I live at a commercial address! "Can they deliver here if it's a commercial address", I asked, "let me put you on hold while I check" he says...

A minute or two went by and Franco comes back on the line, "Good news! They will pick it up tomorrow before 3 PM and you should get it Monday or Tuesday, you should get a new tracking# by Friday evening." (it's going, going, looks like a Home Run, bottom of the 9th, score tied 0-0, this could be the game winning hit!).

Whew, that was a close one! Cause I really want that 'Speedee'!!!

O.K. so we'll see if it really happens this time. Just to reiterate PowersportsMax.com was NOT responsible for the shipping foul up. They processed my order very quickly (ordered on Fri., shipped on Mon.) but were slow to respond to me once there was a problem. To be fair, I believe that they were trying to find an alternative way to get it to me.

I'll post again when I get a confirmed tracking #.
:P

Old 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM   #96

Now that seems professional, He tried any solution to get the problem solved. I really hope You get Your bike..After all of this You deserve it

Old 08-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #97

Why didn't you have them ship it to your commercial address to begin with?

Old 08-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #98

That's much better news drew...That is more in line with my experience. They seemed generaly intersted in delivering a quality product...and in my case they did!!

Keep us informed of the progress...and my fingers are still crossed for you bud...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #99

I was impressed with Franco. He seemed genuinely sad that they would not be able to fulfill my order and jumped at the opportunity to find a solution that was 'outside the box'.

Quote:
Why didn't you have them ship it to your commercial address to begin with?
They have an account with Dependable (yeah, right.) Highway Express and apparently use them pretty much exclusively. By filling out a bill of lading, picking up the freight and providing a tracking #, they essentially said they would deliver to my address. It was only after they had wracked up some charges that they decided to inform PSM & myself that they could not deliver on their contract. DHE didn't care what my address was "no LTL service to southern Nevada" period. PSM is using an alternative carrier that only does commercial.

I have a very unusual address, we live in employee housing of the Echo Bay Resort & Marina inside the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. My wife is the Hotel Manager. All the mail and normal (UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc.) packages go through the administration building. Everybody here (about 120 employees) has the same address, which is a commercial address, and we pick up our mail/packages at the administration building. When the driver calls, I am hoping to convince him of the commercial nature of the employee housing, but if all else fails I will get a few volunteers to help me load it in our Suburban and transport it the 1 mile from admin. to our house.

Thanks for all the support!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #100

As a former commercial long haul truck driver I think I can help here. A driver has two things on his mind. 1. How quickly and easily can I get unloaded so I can get my next load and start earning money again? 2. Can I safely and easily turn the truck around?

If there is a loading dock with a forklift, I am very happy. Quick turn around and an area designed for semis. If it is any other type of building I start to worry. When you speak to the driver assure him that you understand his needs and are prepared. Let him know that there is a way for him to get turned around weather it is a large parking lot or if going around a block is an option. Residential neighborhoods are not good places to try to turn a truck. With a 52’ trailer I need about 22’ to keep from pulling the trailer wheels over a curb and taking out a stop sign.

Also assure him or her that you will have enough help to move and lift at least 500lbs from shoulder height to the ground. Do not expect help from the driver. If a driver is expected to help unload cargo they charge a “Lumping fee” it varies by region in NY it is about $300.00 per hour in Florida $80.00 an hour and that was 10 years ago.
His company may have a policy of only allowing cargo to be removed at a dock. That is a concrete pad that is level with the back of the trailer. If that is the case you may have to work something out with the driver directly or locate a company that has a loading dock you can barrow for a half hour. It is totally possible, try local news paper, they receive large rolls of paper and may want to do a story about the China Bike revolution.

I don’t want to scare you I just want you to be prepared. With foresight and ingenuity any problem can be overcome. Any one else ordering a drop shipped bike to a residence should specify final delivery by a lift gate trailer. The drivers of lift gate trucks are prepared to unload and the truck is usually smaller. Anther option most of us have would be to rent a Uhaul/Rider truck and go to the truck depot. They can fork lift it right down into it. Call first to find out minimum deck height, roof height and width clearances. Bike, Lawn,Garden trailers just don't work well the fork lift can not lower the pallet down to it. The trailer is just to low.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #101

Thanks for the info Polygon,

Our housing area is a big loop with plenty of room for a semi to get through. I plan to have 3-5 guys to help me get it out of the truck, I already knew the drivers usually don't help.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #102

Hey your welcome, I should have said 3 things on his mind. I will leav the 3rd open for debate.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:12 PM   #103

and I wouldn't expect the metal crate to go in your suburban. they are pretty big and the metal is rather sharp; it will tear the heck out of your 'burb.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:17 PM   #104

It should fit if you remove the rear seats...

Old 08-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #105

It's an '87 - from back when they were still 'real' trucks not just oversize SUV's! Haven't had the back seat in in years. It has the side by side rear doors with a huge opening. Crate is only 34.25" tall (room to spare).

But... If it doesn't fit there are plenty of open pickups here, I'm sure I can get a volunteer. We are a close knit community far from the real world so everyone helps each other out when needed.

I'm still hoping to get it dropped at our house. :wink: