Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
The plug is set up to allow for charging of one or both bikes at the same time.
I have been looking for a plug like this but cannot find one. My son's ATV came with a 1amp charger with a plug and a socket on the ATV. thought I could adapt my bike to use hsi charger.

I have put two pigtails on the battery with typical male wire connectors on the end so I can just attach the charger clamps. I have wrapped the female ends up to be used as endcaps when riding.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #47

It is a simple trailer plug, round/4 hole can be found at trailer parts suppliers or like where I found mine, at a decent hardware store.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #48

thanks!

Old 09-22-2007, 07:49 AM   #49

OK I know no one reads this thread but I have a few new parts I'm putting on my bike.

Will post a pic......sometime-maybe.

I have noticed that the bushings/bearings on the rear suspension linkage(under shock) are a little worn on my bike and on my wifes bike they are very worn so we will be taking that apart on both bikes to see whats up and to fix it.

Our bikes are doing very well all-in-all and I have been taking mine up north riding and having a blast on it in the trails.My wife just rides her raptor since she cant ride offroad on two wheels anymore .

Old 09-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
OK I know no one reads this thread but I have a few new parts I'm putting on my bike.

Will post a pic......sometime-maybe.
Whhhatttttttt?
I use an egg timer to check for your updates . What new parts? Pics? Yes please.
I have a little trickle charger for my remote control air plane stuff. It will trickle .5 to 6 amps I think. What is a good setting? How often? Once a week, day, month?

Old 09-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #51

Well last weekend while up north riding somehow my right mirror got broke.(didnt fall but came close many times )
It looked like it had gotten hit right on the top edge and has about 4 cracks starting from one point.
So I needed to get a mirror but I like the fold up type I put on the wifes bike so I needed two.I started to think that two new mirrors would look much better on a new set of handlebars.
Since I was getting a new set of bars I thought now would be a good time to add those much needed handguards, of course some new grips also.
The handguards, handlebars, and grips are all navy blueish so I thought what the heck I'll get some plastic paint and paint my side covers so they all match.(since my dye job came out more purple-YUCK )

So yeah my bike is getting a slightly fresh look.

I used to plug mine in all the time to trickle charge but havnt done that at all this summer and its been fine.I guess it's because I found the short and its been fine but this winter I'll pull the batts and put them on the battery minder charger I have.

It still makes me laugh to think one of the guys in the parking area thought my bike was a KTM when he first seen it.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #52

Though the bike will be garaged for the winter, and the garage is attached, it's not heated. It'll easily hit 0 degrees canadian. 32 in the US I think. I'm figuring I have to pull the battery. On the other hand I'm planning my own set of upgrades. So I'll need to fire it up anyway over the winter. I'd like to try risers to raise the bars up a bit, but I can't find anything like them up here. Can't order from the web. There is a good salvage shop I want to check. I'll look for them there when I find out what gas tank to get. And I get the ca$$. :roll:

Old 09-22-2007, 06:38 PM   #53

OK here are two pictures.

I still think the color is to dark but it does look better in the direct sunlight.

I put a little electric ceramic thermostatically controlled heater in my garage (14x20-insulated garage) and it keeps it very warm if I want it that way but I have to make sure the fuel is somewhere else, I dont want it getting to hot in there.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #54

One thing I like about living in GA. It doesn't get very cold.

Allen

Old 09-22-2007, 07:12 PM   #55

Ya I got a setable heater too. I don't want to spend much on my bike. The sooner I start saving for my next bike, the more I'll be able to spend on it . But for as long as this bike lives, I'm very happy to throw a few bucks at it here and there. I'm in no hurry to get a brand new "anything".

Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #56

We went out for a little ride on the roads to check the new jetting out and it is getting very close.
It now has the 115 main in it and I may go to the 117.5 but I think that will do it.
I still get a little popping when engine braking hard but not nearly as bad as it was.When it had the stock 98-jet it popped real bad so I had to park it then I got ahold of just one 110-jet and it helped a lot but I bought a few more and stuck the 115 in it today.

I switched over to my wifes bike and she rode mine for a little bit and they are like two totally different bikes.
Now she wants some upgrades/mods on hers, I guess that new quad sitiing there just wasnt enough for her- .

Old 09-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #57

Where are you getting the main jets?

Q

Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #58

I bought the one 110 local and it was a chore just to get them to show me their very limited selection so I ordered a whole mess of them from DennisKirk and now have from 105 to 127.5 in 2.5 increments (if I remember correctly) so I have a good range of jets to fine tune it.

When I start on the wifes bike we will need to retune hers since I will be doing a lot of the same things to hers as I have done to mine except the engine, I want to keep hers stock engine in to see what it can do with some minor tweaking.Hers will have the push rods still while mine has the OHC.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #59

How do you get the right size jet to screw into the carb? The right threads, etc..

Q

Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #60

I have an exta 122 that I can't use. I'm using a 112 now. I'd like to try a 115 but the local shop doesn't have it. If you can't use your 115 on either bike let me know. Or, if you end up with spares, any jet bigger than 112 and under 122. Name a price, I'll pay shipping. PM me, if you want to recoup on your extras. OK? 8)