Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to ayjay1975
Holly cow, my china bike turned into a jap bike!

Just completed workin all the bugs out of my GY200 B"black and Chrome Edition" upgrade. All I can say is WOW.

I buddy of mine and I both bought GY's this year and really like the bikes. Only complaint, the BUZZINESS of the engine. MY engine ran MINT, but was a little clicky and vibrated a lot, kinda sounded like a sewing machine, drove me nuts. I sucked it up, and $400 later my GY is like a new machine!!! Runs very smooth, seems geared a little taller, no clicking whatsoever.

I strongly recomend this upgrade! I let mu buddy ride it, and he said he could feel the difference by the end of the driveway. It's that dramatic.

The elctrical was a little tricky, but once that was sorted out, it was smooth sailing. (I'll be posint a how to on how to wire the bike properly soon)

I am going to install my old pushrod engine into a Honda three wheeler chasis. Will be PERFECT for that application. Factor that into the cost of this upgrade, and it make it even more appealing.

http://thedillweed.com

Old 09-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #2

congrats!

Sounds like the project worked out ok then. Congrats! I was on the American Lifan web site and noticed the LF200iii has a 6 speed transmission. That got me to thinking and wondering if that engine would fit in the dirt bikes. Who knows maybe Lifan will do it in the future. I think that would be a good combination.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #3

I have replaced my motor with an upgrade as well but didn't have any problems. However the motor that I did have was a replacement sent to me by xxx-motorpsorts and it didn't work for me as the connectors didn't match in color and I didn't want to take the risk to hook it up wrong.

I would be interested to find out what needed changed as far as wiring for the engine to work, in case I ever need to use that replacement motor in the future.

Mike