Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #1

Kids riding 4-wheelers

Hey there my chinarider budds! I haven't been here in a long time. I
sold my Lifan to one of my best budds and bought an 2006 Suzuki DR650. My son has a Redcat MPX-50, and he loves it to death. We bought this ATV from Tom @ RPM. This video is my son Drake riding his four-wheeler and my daughter is riding her friend's 110. The engine says Loncin on it, and it says BMX on the side, but I'm not real familiar with that brand (BMX). It's not much, but I had to post this.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:35 AM   #2

that's cool! i love to see kids ridin

Old 09-21-2007, 04:43 PM   #3

My girls are too small yet.

How do you like the DR?

Allen

Old 09-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #4

Looks like a good time for'em. I just took my kids (2 & 1) for a spin on our PY50 (PW50 copy).

I wish I had an XR650 or KLR650 but can't justify buying another bike for the little riding I have time for and I don't want to sell my GY5. No more money than I have in to it, I'm afraid I would regret it down the road. Decisions, decisions!
Post a pic.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:24 PM   #5

Katoranger: I absolutely love the DR. I loved the Lifan too, but I make a 135 mile (one way) trip every other weekend for the work that I do, and I was just spending too much money on gas with my 1990 full size bronco. The Lifan is GREAT around town, but just didn't fit for me on that long ride. The DR just handles higher speeds tad bit better. To be honest, it hauls A$$!!!!!

Savage: I felt the same way, I looked at bigger bikes a couple of different times. 3 to be exact. One of my older biker budds finally just said "do yourself a favor and just get the bike". I did it, and I'm stuck with it. I do rely on this bike DAILY for riding to school (20 mile roundtrip) everyday. I also make that 275 mile trip every couple of weeks, and I'm saving a ton of money on gas at the same time having a blast. Oh, and by the way, the DR seat tears my arse up after about an hour of riding!
Here are some pics

Here are some pics when I officially had MBD (multiple bike disease). That only lasted for about a couple of months. It was still fun though!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #6

Figured your butt would be use to a 2x4 by now. lol
Did you get much out of your Lifan?

Old 09-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #7

How about giving us a report on the tires you have on the Suzuki? Have you used them off road?

Q

Old 09-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #8

Savage: I have ridden the little 50cc, but 235 lbs isn't so good for it. Yes, I did get a lot out of the Lifan. I rode that thing 4,000 miles in a year. I did have the typical problems such as battery, motor mounts breaking, clutch cable broke, cheap tubes going flat, and bolts coming loose. Other than those typical Chinabike probs, It ran great and saved me a lot of gas money! My buddy that I sold it too immediately cut the ENTIRE tip off the exhaust, and now it sounds freakin' awesome! I'll have to post some video. He has had it for about 6 weeks now, and has not reported any problems.

Q: Those tires are the Bridgestone Trailwing OEM series tires that come stock on them. I think the right word for those tires off-road are "DEATHWINGS!!!". No, at least in my opinion, they are not that great at all off-road. They're great on the street. The bad thing about the Suzuki is there is so much torque to that reat tire, and you spin out every time you give it a touch of gas. (Off-road of course)