Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifemx5 View Post
I got the carb and jets today! I don't think I will get them installed tomorrow but I will post a report when I do.
Good news and bad news. I got the carb and jets installed and THANK YOU WELD! your recommendation was spot on, the bike starts easy and runs great. I decided against gutting the cat on the exhaust. (I really want to do my part for mother nature) and I didn't feel it was all that restrictive. I did open the muffler up a bit more. I also installed the 45 tooth sprocket and for the 2 miles I was able to ride with it installed, I can tell that its going to be much better for the way I'm using the bike..... The bad news is I did a bad Boo Boo. When I installed the sprocket I did not get the c clip (snap ring) fully seated in the groove on the hub, so the sprocket walked out bending the sprocket hub studs and causing the chain to come off. This scratched the hub and sprocket a bit, but just cosmetically. I hate to admit this on here but I did not want others to suffer the same consequence. So MAKE SURE THE SNAP RING IS FULLY SEATED WHEN REPLACING A SPROCKET ON THE 185 HONDA STYLE HUB!!! I have located the special hub studs required to repair my bike and I am looking forward to riding with the new mods. I will post a more in depth report when I am able to ride more.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #62

I'm glad to hear that the carb worked well for you. They've been 100% successful for me.

Sorry to hear about the sprocket; at least it was just the studs. While you're replacing them, I recommend that you switch to Honda bushings also. You can find Honda bushings and studs at www.bikebandit.com and www.rockymountainatvmc.com , among other places.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #63

Intend on buying

I'm seriously considering buying that exact same bike for my wife, but I'm concerned about getting it registered. Did you have any problems getting it registered for street driving?

Old 06-02-2015, 05:39 PM   #64

Welcome Mirrorswitch

Put your location in your profile so we can help you out.

/

Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #65

As I understand... unless your in Cali and the bike in question is not CA approved... you should have no issues registering your bike. The seller, like Killer Moto, will give you all the MCO paperwork needed to take to your DMV.

Where are you from?

Cheers!
'07 Kinroad XT200GY Runmaster (sold)
'07 KMD GY6 150cc ATV (sold)
'07 Kangchao 250cc ATV Monster (sold)
Baja Moto DB-30 "Doodlebugs"(x3) (sold)
'06 Hi-Bird 200 parts bike (sold)

Old 06-03-2015, 03:16 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorswitch1 View Post
I'm seriously considering buying that exact same bike for my wife, but I'm concerned about getting it registered. Did you have any problems getting it registered for street driving?
As stated in a previous post it was very simple here in utah, about 10 min was all it took.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #67

So after waiting for 2 weeks after ordering, phone calls, and emails, to killermotorsports.com about a chain adjuster that broke in my sprocket fiasco, they have still not responded. So,I made my own adjuster out of some I found on ebay that were close, but not quite right. It turned out good. so I have installed the new carbs, re jetted ,and installed the 45 tooth sprockets on the rear of each bike. I used the 30 slow and 115 main recommended by weld, it was nearly spot on, The bikes start instantly with no choke cold or warm, but had a little hesitation just off of idle. (Both bikes had the same issue) I pulled the needle to check the clip position and found it in the bottom (richest) position. I moved it to the center position and, viola, perfection! Both bikes accelerate and idle smoothly. the 45 tooth sprocket is the perfect gearing for how we will be using the bikes. 60 mph is achievable and not horribly buzzy. So yesterday the wife and I found enough time to go for a ride, part on road, part off road. (Off road handling improves significantly when air pressure is decreased from maximum) The carb change, opening up the airbox and exhaust, and gearing change has made the bikes soooo much more ride-able. They have great torque and plenty of speed for around town. I have spent an additional $75 for the mods on each bike for a total spend of $1225 per bike. So far the best $1225 I have ever spent. we are looking forward to a camping trip to the mountains where we can really enjoy them.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:00 AM   #68

That's terrific news! I hope your bikes give you many happy miles.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #69

Good for you.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #70

Hey guys i have the same bike and having same issues with the stock carb.sheng wey pz30. Could you please tell me the model of the mikuni replacement for it. Thanks

Old 06-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #71

What kind of issues? I'm interested because I have 2 bikes with that carb and have never had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbright View Post
Hey guys i have the same bike and having same issues with the stock carb.sheng wey pz30. Could you please tell me the model of the mikuni replacement for it. Thanks

Old 06-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #72

The idle is not consistent, it takes a long time to get started then it bogs down, barely goes 45mph

Old 06-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbright View Post
The idle is not consistent, it takes a long time to get started then it bogs down, barely goes 45mph
Welcome!

Have you tried cleaning the jets and passages? What size jets are in there now?

Old 06-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #74

I ran a bit of lucas through it, but im really just wanting to replace it with the mikuni. Just need to know what model of mikuni to get for it.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:32 AM   #75

I had really no problems with the stock carb. I just wanted to be able to rejet after some intake and exhaust mods. Here is a link to the carb I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30MM-MIKUNI-...ab812e&vxp=mtr