Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #1

howdy friends

RuthlessRyder saying howdy from Nevada
Glad to meet you all

looking at bms ranch pony 500 - any problems or feedback?"

Old 07-11-2015, 03:04 AM   #2

Welcome; we are glad you joined us.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-12-2015, 12:24 PM   #3

Welcome!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessRyder View Post
RuthlessRyder saying howdy from Nevada
Glad to meet you all

looking at bms ranch pony 500 - any problems or feedback?"
Welcome, I have a BMS Ranch pony. Almost 200 miles on it, (it has to compete with the bike and quads and its hard to compete with the bike). No problems so far and its made really well. Not difficult to put together. The wheels are nice, everything works as it should. The radio and speakers it comes with is not best quality and works sometimes but that doesn't really matter because this is a loud machine and you can;t really hear when driving much above idle. It has plenty of power, I use it to pull my trailer from the yard to the driveway to connect to my truck. I used to pull some shrubs out for my wife and actually spun all 4 tires on concrete.
That being said, I'm not thrilled with BMS. I received mine in December (Motobuys) and it was supposed to come with free residential delivery. The shipping company scheduled a delivery day and I made sure I was off work. The shipping company called me on the day it was supposed to be delivered and told me it was to big for residential delivery and I would have to come get it or send it back. The Pony being a family Christmas present I had no choice but to go rent a Uhaul trailer to go get it. I had to drive about 80 miles to pick it up then un crate in parking lot and put on the wheels so I could make it fit in the trailer. The shipping company's fork lift driver lifted it up off the crate so that I could put the wheels on an pushed it in trailer. The tires come with no air so it wouldn't roll easily.

I contacted Motobuys and the told me they would check in to it, I started assembling as soon as I got it home, It was missing a plastic axle shield and the front bumper cover. cosmetic) I contacted Motobuys and filed a claim thru their websight. A couple weeks went by and I heard nothing so I called Motobuys about the missing parts and for compensation for my time and trailer rental. Whoever I spoke to at Motobuys told me I would have to contact BMS for compensation and it was best to deal with them about the parts. BMS pretty much told me I was outta luck on getting compensated and that they didn't have the parts in stock but would send them when they came in. I've called BMS several time since then but not in the last couple of months. Here it is 7 month later and still not bumper cover or axle shield. I'll probably contact them this week again but I don't expect I will get the missing parts and long ago gave up on getting my trailer rental back.