Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #1

TXXMotorSports California Legal?

Supposedly this dealer has a dual purpose available which can be registered in CA for street use. Does anyone have prior contact with them, and if so how was your experience buying from them? Thank you!

Take care, Jon

Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #2

I looked at their site, and they only had the New Star 200 and a 150 model showing. I highly doubt that they are street legal; however, if you can go to their shop, and they can sell it to you, and get it street-registered like any other motorcycle dealer could,as they claim they are a DMV authorized dealer, then I would go for it!

Just be aware that you would have to pay sales tax, registration, etc., if they can do it for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM   #3

Here's the link if you want to check it out. Think it can get registered street legal in CA?

http://txxmotorsports.com/cycle/db-200es.html
[/url]

Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #4

I emailed TXXMotorsports and asked them if the bike was street legal and whether I can register it as a street vehicle in Los Angeles. Their representative said "yes I can register ir for you." What do you guys think? Can I trust the guy?

Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #5

If the guy can get it registered, then perhaps they know the loophole to do it. I have seen California street registered Chinese dual sports on Craigslist, and a couple times on EBay. Whether or not that loophole has been closed, and whether or not this dealer can register it for you...? I would have some sort of payment plan in place, or even a handwritten contract in which you state that you are "buying this bike for street commuting in California, and payment is made contingent upon successful registration in the state of California...." etc. etc. Just don't let him sell you the bike with a "fast one" because you would be stuck with it, not him, and the resale is not great on them (especially as an off-road only bike).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard