Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #1

A couple of questions now that my bike is running

Ok, got the bike running with a new Mikuni carb. I took the advice from here and put in a 110 main with a 27.5 pilot. So far so good. While working on the carb I noticed I was a victim of the dreaded swing arm nut missing. Does anyone know off hand what size that is so I can get it replaced asap?
Next, I have been running this with out a battery for years. Still have a battery in line but just kick start and the lights work ok, a little dependent on engine speed , but good enough for the few times I drive at night. My question is, should the horn work as well? My son is going to use this to get his M/C license and everything has to be street legal before he can even start the driving test.
My next question is, now that we are up and running again I may get a new battery, but obviously the stock location sucks. I have had it break and fall off a couple of times. I have just put on bigger bolts and drilled some new holes but I would like to re-mount it behind the carb. I have seen a lot of people mention moving the battery, but does anyone know of a good thread with a relatively simple solution?
Once again, thank you in advance for all your shared knowledge!

Old 10-23-2015, 01:12 AM   #2

I don't know the swingarm nut size. I recommend that you borrow a metric tap and die set from someone, and use the pitch gauge and the correct die to determine the size.

Are you asking if the horn should work with no battery?

Can you show us pics of your existing battery box placement?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer