Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #16

OK folks, Just so their isn't disappointment i will be up front and say that the low fuel light and gauge will likely not be consistent from bike to bike at NO FAUL of the company i am having manufacture the clusters. We can get the low fuel light issue fixed but the problem at hand is the inconsistency of the tank sending unit. I have 2 hawks here, Both are .05 ohms on the 20K scale at full tank and .10 empty. The problem arises in the middle. One of them hits .09 Ohms with just under 1/2 tank per yardstick inserted in the tank and the other bike hits .09 ohms right at 1/4 tank which is where i personally would like to see the low fuel light come on. I'm positive this can be fixed by pulling the tank, removing the sending unit and bending the float wire accordingly but i don't have the time right now to investigate. Chances are it would be only a small percentage that would have to be adjusted this way. That said, I'm going to likely get them to go into production as is with the low fuel light coming on at .09 ohms. What i found on the sending unit is as follows:

.05 Full on gauge
.06 3/4 on gauge
.07 1/2 on gauge
.09 1/4 on gauge
.10 empty on gauge

Any thoughts or concerns are always appreciated.......

Old 04-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #17

got any pics of how you mounted your speed sensor?

Old 04-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #18

Just a thought, but maybe they can send only you the software to set the odometer to the buyers mileage before sending it?

Old 04-02-2016, 12:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame28 View Post
Just a thought, but maybe they can send only you the software to set the odometer to the buyers mileage before sending it?

I'll check but i don't know if they would send it and i'm sure it's in Chinese.....

Old 04-02-2016, 12:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
OK folks, Just so their isn't disappointment i will be up front and say that the low fuel light and gauge will likely not be consistent from bike to bike at NO FAUL of the company i am having manufacture the clusters. We can get the low fuel light issue fixed but the problem at hand is the inconsistency of the tank sending unit. I have 2 hawks here, Both are .05 ohms on the 20K scale at full tank and .10 empty. The problem arises in the middle. One of them hits .09 Ohms with just under 1/2 tank per yardstick inserted in the tank and the other bike hits .09 ohms right at 1/4 tank which is where i personally would like to see the low fuel light come on. I'm positive this can be fixed by pulling the tank, removing the sending unit and bending the float wire accordingly but i don't have the time right now to investigate. Chances are it would be only a small percentage that would have to be adjusted this way. That said, I'm going to likely get them to go into production as is with the low fuel light coming on at .09 ohms. What i found on the sending unit is as follows:

.05 Full on gauge
.06 3/4 on gauge
.07 1/2 on gauge
.09 1/4 on gauge
.10 empty on gauge

Any thoughts or concerns are always appreciated.......
Lol mine tells me empty with two gallons left as someone else on here said that is the charm of being a china rider.
Poop happens

Old 04-02-2016, 12:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
got any pics of how you mounted your speed sensor?
Same as the cable drive....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160401_215909.jpg (29.7 KB, 370 views)
File Type: jpg 20160401_215917.jpg (33.0 KB, 368 views)

Old 04-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Same as the cable drive....
Making me excited! Cant wait to get rid of the stock cluster and have an accurate speedo.

Thanks for all the time your taking to do this

Old 04-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #23

great job mjstef ! im sure some of the new TT250 owners will be getting this too.

Old 04-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
Making me excited! Cant wait to get rid of the stock cluster and have an accurate speedo.

Initially an accurate speedometer makes you disappointed, because it reveals the actual performance of your bike, but knowing your true speed at all times, without doing math, is satisfying.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranberg View Post
Initially an accurate speedometer makes you disappointed, because it reveals the actual performance of your bike, but knowing your true speed at all times, without doing math, is satisfying.
True, true.

I just hate it when I'm driving behind someone and I cant tell if I'm supposed to be irritated at them for driving too slow.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #26

was reading through, and never saw the price ... does anyone know yet, and any word if it will work on the storm 250? ... i would work a sunday at double time so i could have one, if it works on the storm as well ... lol

Old 04-08-2016, 10:53 AM   #27

I might end up try one out on my 'Bashan WILL 200' sometime... when I was fixing up all the wire connections on the motorcycle I noticed the Gas Tank has a Fuel Level Sending Unit on the bottom of it, I would just need to buy the 'wire harness' for it and attach it to a fuel gauge

The Mrs. can't stand the 'Main' readout being in KMH... and it only goes up in leaps of 10 lol... not that easy to know how fast your going at any given time

Please let me know the price so I can start saving up for a "will it fit my WILL" order

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:58 AM   #28

Someone with a Storm would have to figure out the wiring. I can walk them through how to trace everything down. Not too difficult if you have a wiring diagram for the Bashan. Bashan does make a bike with Tach and Speedo. https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=57BBD6F2

Old 04-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Someone with a Storm would have to figure out the wiring. I can walk them through how to trace everything down. Not too difficult if you have a wiring diagram for the Bashan. Bashan does make a bike with Tach and Speedo. https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=57BBD6F2
i will look for a diagram, but still need to know the cost

Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
was reading through, and never saw the price ... does anyone know yet, and any word if it will work on the storm 250? ... i would work a sunday at double time so i could have one, if it works on the storm as well ... lol

Still finalizing everything and trying to figure out what Customs will hit us. It will be under $100 shipped though. Actually had a plug and play harness made where you will just plug the terminals in on the hawk where the wires are missing on the bike side of the harness at the engine so the only splice that will have to be made is to the ignition wire. Not sure on the Storm. On the Hawk, Right behind the front chain guard on the motor their are 2 sets of wires coming from the motor. If you get a chance, Take a photo of both of these sets of wires and the plugs that are installed on them. I can tell you a lot more from there. On the hawk, it is pre-wired for each gear to read out on a cluster with the green male plug but from the factory only the neutral wire is connected on the white bike side plug. I probably have about 40 hours into this total. What consistently amazes me is the lack of language barrier between here and China on this. The gentleman i am working with is the General Manager of Overseas Marketing and he has been a pleasure to work with......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0331161300_20160331_184302.jpg (57.5 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg 0331161730_20160331_184257.jpg (93.3 KB, 306 views)