Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 05:08 PM   #1

Motorxtremes, anyone know of them?

My bike came from Motorxtremes

www.motorxtremes.com

I recently ordered parts for my bike from them.

Long story short they sent me the wrong axle bolt and nut
the wrong gas cap
Every part was for a completely different bike.

I have emailed them at least 5 times over the last 5 days, NO RESPONSE.

I do not want to give them a bad name YET.

Has anyone had any dealings with them? Good/Bad?
Know anyone there?

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt but my patience is wearing mighty thin with them. I'd like to safely ride my bike again sometime this year.

Their add/website says "The #1 importer"
I'm trying to find #2, maybe I can get my parts from them.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #2

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1742 There you go

Old 06-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #3

Vaxian, Tom of RPM (member here on Chinariders) is a Hi-Bird dealer. His distributor has a list of parts that he can get for the bikes, so I would highly recommend calling/pm'ing/emailing him.

http://www.rpmrush.com/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #4

Motorxtremes really SUCKS

Been over a week now that I have been emailing these guys about sending me a shipment of the WRONG PARTS. :x

They don't seem to be awefully concerned about it, so I am not worried about giving them bad press. :twisted:

DON"T buy anything from them, their customer service leaves ALLOT to be desired. :evil:

They sent me the wrong parts for my bike, parts to a completely different bike! And even if they were the right parts, they didn't send everything I requested/needed.

And they charge WAY more than the competition.

I have ordered my parts from a different place, can't be worse can they?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #5

Last I spoke to them the owner had fired the office manager Damon. And things are NOT going good for them. I now see more and more bad feedbacks on Ebay.

Good luck Vax

Do I ever feel your pain!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #6

Hey Vaxian
This is what happens to a lot of people when they buy from some places on line... the on line places all say they are #1. I have seen it more than once and it takes someone that knows the vehicle to get that person the correct parts. Good luck on the second one.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #7

What a nightmare!!

:x Can't tell you the pain I am in. Our bike broke down just months after purchasing off motorxtremes. We were able to get them to send us a replacement part, but of course it was the wrong one. This wasn't the first time. We sent it back "promply" a word I don't think is in their vocabulary at all. It's been two weeks and we're still waiting for them to stick the part in a freaking box and send it to us. It's been 4 months- the best four months to ride and now winter is setting in - thanks for nothing motorxtremes!!!
Okay, I've vented. As long as you call them everyday and are extremely nice to them they are nice to you. The owner Kevin is a really nice guy. But I don't think we'd ever buy from them or recommend them to anyone. I wouldn't recommend buying on line at all if you can help it. You might think your saving money, but in the long run you're taking a chance. My sympathies go out to all of you!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #8

Stop me before I buy again!!!

The good news ... Two (02) GY-5s for $799 each ($1598) including shipping.
The bad new... motorextremes....

http://www.motorxtremes.com/specials/index.html

It's only a four hour drive to OKC for me. I might just call them up and ask if I can pick them up (might even save a few more $$). It just so hard to pass up this price! I'd probably be able to sell one of them for at least $1000 an keep the other. Of course, being from this dealer, I'd need the extra bike for parts. At least if I picked them up myself, I could ensure that I got them and that the parts were all there.

How wide are the crates? Will two fit it in a step side pickup (49")?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #9

I can also see how parts availability can be the undoing of these china bikes...it's a shame really that these online "dealers" don't have their act together, i mean, we're sending them our money and sometimes they don't even seem the least bit grateful for it

Old 12-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #10

To have a parts inventory available for customers when they need them can be quite expensive and these China bike dealers for the most part can't afford that.

If you want the China bike dealers to be like that of the Japanese companies, be prepared to be shelling out more $$$ for the bikes. When I bought my Russian bike you could get a brand new Ural with sidecar for under $6k. Now after updating the bike to be more 'reliable' with hydrolics and disk brakes, along with other minor changes a new bike costs between $10k-12k.

You want a cheap bike, you need to deal with the qwirks. If you want them to be more reliable with parts available at a whim, be prepared for higher prices.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)

Old 12-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
To have a parts inventory available for customers when they need them can be quite expensive and these China bike dealers for the most part can't afford that.

If you want the China bike dealers to be like that of the Japanese companies, be prepared to be shelling out more $$$ for the bikes. When I bought my Russian bike you could get a brand new Ural with sidecar for under $6k. Now after updating the bike to be more 'reliable' with hydrolics and disk brakes, along with other minor changes a new bike costs between $10k-12k.

You want a cheap bike, you need to deal with the qwirks. If you want them to be more reliable with parts available at a whim, be prepared for higher prices.
I don't think whim is the right word... And i don't want them to be more japanese, i just want parts availability. Companies from other countries have parts for their bikes, it's not just a japanese thing. (not trying to turn this into a thumper-talk-esque argument) :twisted:

I think what i'm saying is i want to see more companies like American Lifan. They don't offer 50 models of bikes like internet retailers. They have a limited line that they know and they have parts available in the U.S. I'm just saying some companies could learn alot from that.

A big flashy inventory of 23 kinds of 150cc atvs and 125cc pit bikes might look cool at first, but I can see how this can spell big trouble later on. From learning more about motorcycles and knowing what I need as a customer to keep my bike in good working order, I like to see a company like American Lifan step up to the plate and deliver real, tangible customer service and PARTS for their bikes!!! (I am in no way endorsed or employed by American Lifan )