Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #16

Tonyrader. I do not have a pic of the motor handy but here is the Roketa page with details and pics of the same bike -http://www.roketa.com/product/product_detail.jsp?cateID=6&sonCateID=0&proID=3964 7. Let me know if that does not work I will upload some more pics.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:19 PM   #17

Sorry there should be no space between the 4 and 7 at the end of that link.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDoug View Post
Looking at picking up a Taotao 250B for the wife. I see lots of posts for the D, Rhino model, but does anyone have any experience with the little sport version? Seems hard to pass up at about $1000. Thanks
nope I bought the 250 E last year it had a Lifan motor water cooled and is a ripper. but it is a sport model... I bought two, they sold on line for 1500, in dealers at 2400. I guess to much cash for china stuff.. nnow they don't make mine quad or my kids quads..
this year the 250e is a air cooled 200cc motor like the other ones... JMO

Old 04-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Tonyrader. I do not have a pic of the motor handy but here is the Roketa page with details and pics of the same bike -http://www.roketa.com/product/product_detail.jsp?cateID=6&sonCateID=0&proID=3964 7. Let me know if that does not work I will upload some more pics.

yep that looks Very close,, I can zoom enough to be sure.. when you get time check to see if it says lifan on the side... I am sure it does.. nice running motor just different than the rest,, and now they don't sell them in a tao tao

Old 04-09-2016, 10:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrader View Post
yep that looks Very close,, I can zoom enough to be sure.. when you get time check to see if it says lifan on the side... I am sure it does.. nice running motor just different than the rest,, and now they don't sell them in a tao tao

LONCIN yep that's the motor,, yep.. sorry I am a retard sometimes... that's what happens when you program for a living.. your brain sees what it wants... sorry

Old 04-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #21

Lol, yes mine is exactly as pictured with Loncin motor. 239.6 cc I believe. Hopefully a nice strong motor. Not sure why they make such a small engine water cooled but hey it runs. I have 4 forward and 1 reverse gear. Seems so low geared. Maybe if I put taller tires than the 18" on back....

Old 04-09-2016, 11:31 PM   #22

Hopefully just some loose bolts. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckred17 View Post
If you like the sportier ones, you can still get the 250e's some places for as cheap as $850 and they are water cooled. Great machines.
I cant find any. Not the LONCIN TAOTAO? YES the loncin motor is the only TAOTAO that was close to 250cc the other ones are 198cc air cooled just like the new ones they are making this year.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckred17 View Post
http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/snd/5507169285.html

That is actually from DFWSCOOtersANDATVS.com. The same place. This was from 3 days ago.
this is a 2015 yr, double head lights, they do sell a 250e this year. and it should be under 1000.00

The one they are showing they don't list for sale on their web page, I looked all they offer is the 300 and it is air cooled. on line.. I was at a TAOTAO dealer that is a buddy of mine today getting jets, and they do not make the 250e water cooled this year, nor do they make the 125 sport with three speed.. sucks but true.. trust me he would be selling them. I bout two of each last year,, Glad I did..

Last edited by Tonyrader; 04-10-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Lol, yes mine is exactly as pictured with Loncin motor. 239.6 cc I believe. Hopefully a nice strong motor. Not sure why they make such a small engine water cooled but hey it runs. I have 4 forward and 1 reverse gear. Seems so low geared. Maybe if I put taller tires than the 18" on back....
they put small tires on the racing quads,, then you can whip it around with dirt flying.. we have a 3 acer race track it the front yard to play with the kids.. that's why I have one. I bought the other one for my dad. he is 70 this year and rides every weekend he can get away from his wife.. LOL

Old 04-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #26

I love it. I hope I am still riding at 70. I feel like I came full circle. Grew up on 3 wheels, last quad was Raptor 660. Now I just look forward to trail riding with the wife and niece. Maybe get a side by side in a few years.