Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

how long between rides?

I ride almost every day to work and back. other than that, some occasional weekend riding too. This week I took the Nomad to work a couple days, then yesterday was the Concours' turn. Part of the reason is the Hawk doesn't have a plate on it yet....well....at least a legal one. I have my Superhawk plate on the Hawk right now because the SH is in the shop.

I generally work from home on Fridays, so today at lunch, I got the hawk out and took it for a 30 minute spin around the area, including my local trail area. I find with the sprocket changes I can consistently cruise at 55-60 (indicated) mph.

so how often/much do you get to ride?

Old 04-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #2

With super-commuting (3+ hours each day), the short days of Winter (now waning behind us) and the weather the last few months, not much lately. Our daily routine during the work week is relentless. On a fortunate weekday evening, I get to do about a half hour on Q but anything I burn then, I pay for in sleep.

Weekends are for riding lately, around the usual property work or projects. With the warmer weather and more sunlight coming, that will change. Part of it's ME. I get so damn headstrong into doing/finishing home projects, I lose track of the fun stuff.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-15-2016, 06:07 PM   #3

Pretty much every day unless it's raining...
My 9mi. Commute from petworth in DC to Bethesda MD is actually surprisingly nice as I take beach drive through rock Creek Park. There are actually some little twisties...posted limit is 25mph but I avoid rush hour and the police have much more serious things to occupy their attention.

My mental attitude over the course of the day is much better if I ride.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #4

I ride about 2.5 hours total a day, to work and back. About 60 miles. Love the trip on either my Katana or Hawk!