Old 06-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
Counterbalanced motor
300 watt alternater
Inverted front forks adjustable
adjustable rear mono shock
two accessories switches on handle bar that lead under seat to hook up STUFF
17/45 sprockets so you don't have to switch them( read hawk threads)
50/50 tires so you don't have to change them (read hawk threads)
all parts down to a hex nut on the carb can be ordered form csc
plus csc unbeatable service staff and support
online tutorial of all maintenance
shop manual comes with bIke
Well I guess that is about it
O yea I have one
Well crap now I feel dumb buying a Hawk 250 3 weeks ago lol. O well little late now...

Old 06-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightbaal View Post
Well crap now I feel dumb buying a Hawk 250 3 weeks ago lol. O well little late now...

Depends on your use i guess. They should offer tire options IMHO. The street tires on it would SUCK in the mountains where i ride.....

Old 06-19-2016, 03:09 AM   #1008

Quote:
Buy both
those halls look good and lots of people ride them I wish I could find someone the rides any of then to go trailing with I have spots 1 wr250x in the area but no longer see it have fun with your bike it is just that people keep saying why is the tt more expensive and we'll it is because you get more so you pay more

Old 06-19-2016, 03:18 AM   #1009

OK so it took my vt600c out for spin for the fist time since I got my tt250
man they are so different I had to pull over and see if the tires where flat
but the I nailed it and hit 50 I second gear I about 5 seconds popped into 3rd and cursed that bad boy
I was thinking about selling it but I love it to much matey after I get a RX3 I will think about it

Funny thing is when I first road my tt250 I almost fell over twice it first to turns it is funny NY how much different two bikes can fell

Old 06-19-2016, 04:51 AM   #1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Boy.....it's been quiet. There's either a ton of TT250's going out to folks who don't post here, or China Riders have been receiving them and have been having too much fun riding to post pics!

Maybe a bit of both?

Oh, and hey everyone! Signed up a not too long ago but have been having so much fun with the TT250 that I haven't gotten around to posting anything until now.

(Almost) keeping up with the dirt bikes. Stock tires are okay for dry hard pack dirt and gravel roads but very.. exciting in the mud.

Old 06-19-2016, 07:37 AM   #1011

Thumbs Up

Quote:
i wouldn't feel too bad about buying a hawk ,
if you go down the list of differences, and look at how they impact YOUR riding, well...
if you're a real dirt guy, the hawk doesn't look bad. take the extra thou you save and smile. if you're a road guy, get mjstef's super cool dig speedo/ tack/gear indicator,get some REAL road tires,a battery charger/accessory cable,a set of road sprockets, custom exhaust,mikuni carb, and put the extra 400$ or so left over into your girlfriend DUDE, its all "investment vs. return!
Has anyone found anywhere they can go, or anything they can do on a TT250, that the Hawk guys can't ? (cept on a CSC ride) NOPE
Well from what I've heard, the same does not hold true the other way round...
still waiting on my TT250 so i can direct compare to my hawks, i'll let you know...
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #1012

Order number 3782, ordered June 2nd, expect to pick up July 2nd

Old 06-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #1013

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your "to-be-delivered" new family member

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-19-2016, 10:27 AM   #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
i wouldn't feel too bad about buying a hawk ,
if you go down the list of differences, and look at how they impact YOUR riding, well...
if you're a real dirt guy, the hawk doesn't look bad. take the extra thou you save and smile. if you're a road guy, get mjstef's super cool dig speedo/ tack/gear indicator,get some REAL road tires,a battery charger/accessory cable,a set of road sprockets, custom exhaust,mikuni carb, and put the extra 400$ or so left over into your girlfriend DUDE, its all "investment vs. return!
Has anyone found anywhere they can go, or anything they can do on a TT250, that the Hawk guys can't ? (cept on a CSC ride) NOPE
Well from what I've heard, the same does not hold true the other way round...
still waiting on my TT250 so i can direct compare to my hawks, i'll let you know...
Kudos to that,my hawk has 400 miles on it and yesterday I hit 63 miles with half throttle and a slight uphill,I weigh around 168 lbs.Once fully broken in I think I can hit the 70 mile mark or more.Once again I think it's a Very capable cb bike for the price.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:05 PM   #1015

My guess is you are not going to find anyone that has a hawk say " I think the tt250 is better "
Or vice versa.

I don't think it would matter much if they did

I like my tt and I am sure I would like a halk to

But the only review that will mean anything will be in about 10 years from now the test of time
time has no bias

Old 06-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #1016

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman77 View Post
My guess is you are not going to find anyone that has a hawk say " I think the tt250 is better "
Or vice versa.

I don't think it would matter much if they did

I like my tt and I am sure I would like a halk to

But the only review that will mean anything will be in about 10 years from now the test of time
time has no bias
jayman, don't get me wrong, i ordered a copper one like yours- the
"FAST"one I'm curious as to how much diff the updated suspension will make for my weight. could be a big improvement, might not be, the rest of the stuff- well we'll see.
the reports on oil leaks from the adjustable front suspension have got me a bit apprehensive, have had zero issues w the hawk suspension so far, same for the hawk engine of which I'm a big fan so far.less vibration that makes a real world difference from the zong bike? I'll let you know.as a dirt/mud guy, the hawk full knobbies are rocking offroad for me, I expect the tt's DP tires to be just that, and will be staying away from the river and lake beds round here as its almost impossible to walk that stuff, much less ride a dp bike thru it, the hawk grinds it up almost like a tracked vehicle still dicey, but hell -yeah fun.
anyway, still waiting..
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-19-2016, 07:34 PM   #1017

Tool/Burrito Tube Install

Did the first oil change on the TT250 today. I'm at 304 km. Oil looked really good. No big chunks of metal or assembly goo. Bike is running really well. Will be looking to re-jet for elevation shortly. I'm at 5,000 ft and will be riding up to 11,000 or so. Pulled the plug, looks black/rich. Some if this is from break-in I'm sure.

Anyway, completed a little project after the oil change.

First get yourself one of these. http://www.agrisupply.com/manual-can...large/p/67670/. Use some acetone/fingernail polish remover to take off the printing. Remove the small tool holder.

Fab up some brackets from some 1" mild steel flat stock like this and paint.

Attach to the bike using the blinker and tool holder mounts.
Fill with tools, burrito, etc.

Rojo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160619_165750.jpg (97.9 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg 20160619_170712.jpg (91.0 KB, 314 views)

Old 06-19-2016, 09:28 PM   #1018

Looks great

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #1019

good job rojo g. i'm looking at also the plastic fit and finish. not sure if you know about the crappy brittle plastics on the bashans and hawks. Does the plastic seem flexible and not brittle on the zong?

i want a picture with hot steamy taco bell burritos in one of those. i bet it would keep it hot on the trail for a few hours till you reach the top of the mountain. for $5 plus ship, may pull the trigger

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #1020

[QUOTE=BlackBike;221752]good job rojo g. i'm looking at also the plastic fit and finish. not sure if you know about the crappy brittle plastics on the bashans and hawks. Does the plastic seem flexible and not brittle on the zong?

BB,
I've read the plastics on the bashans and hawks are brittle. The plastics on the TT250 seem to be pretty good quality. I've seen other tool tubes attached to the plastic but don't think that's a good/strong attachment point even with good plastics. That's why I went with brackets and solid mounting points to bolt to.

Will see what I can do about loading it up with a real burrito for testing purposes of course....

Rojo