Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #16

loose bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithious View Post
Haha yeah I notice a few bolts got a bit loose, I been trying to get them all with loctide the removable kind. Can you you please send me a link for the rear 45 sprocket?
I wired my bolts on the sprocket and brake calipers/rotors to ensure nothing came loose while riding. Just drill a small hole in the bolt head and feed wire through and tie the ends. Tie as many bolts together as possible. This way you wont lose any and you wont have anything getting too loose while riding and damage yourself or the bike. Use this in addition to loctite.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredweb View Post
I wired my bolts on the sprocket and brake calipers/rotors to ensure nothing came loose while riding. Just drill a small hole in the bolt head and feed wire through and tie the ends. Tie as many bolts together as possible. This way you wont lose any and you wont have anything getting too loose while riding and damage yourself or the bike. Use this in addition to loctite.
I agree with fredweb. Safety wiring nuts and bolts is the best way I've ever found for security of fasteners.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210hawk? View Post
What are some of y'all's weights sprocket size and top end speed at? New to the hawk haven't bought one yet 55mph top is definitely a deal breaker
I'm running 17t-39t,it cruises at 65mph-6200rpm.I think it can see 75mph top speed.I weigh around 165 pounds.I tried different sprockets combinations,with this set up the engine is running great.This is off course for street use only.
Mods so far.
Mikuni clone 115-30
Pro-circuit full exhaust
80-20 Shinko 705 tires
K and N filter
Uni bear non o ring chain
Mystef cluster
Progrip 714 grips
Ngk spark plug.