Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

Bravo 110cc ATV questions

This is a tech question I mentioned in the new members forum.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...177#post243177

I've got this Bravo 110cc ATV. Anybody familiar with these things?

I went ahead and bought the carb Ebay for $14.

I'm having some weird issues with this thing. It's fouling plugs. The smoke looks blue but the exhaust smells like it's running too rich and spark plug looks carbon fouled but does not seem to be using an oil. The weird thing is I can ride this thing for an hour or two and as long as the engine is warmed up it will restart with no problem.

But the next day it won't start. Or might try to start but won't. If I pull the plug and bead blast the carbon off, it fires up.

Based on my experience with carbs, it seems like the float level needs adjusting. But I can't find any specs on what the level needs to be set to. But when the engine is not running, the carb does not leak fuel onto the ground from the overflow port. So to me it kind of sounds like the float level is not out of adjustment.

Here's a question related to the exhaust or emission system.

I'll take some photos if this doesn't make sense but there is what looks like a PVC valve (like on a lawnmower) that feeds into a pre-muffler on the exhaust. The hose is about 1/2". I traced it down to a device that looks like an EGR valve just dangling. There is another large port on it and a small port but both are not connected to anything. Can't rememeber if there are any wires going to it or not.

It sort of likes like an EGR valve that would goto a smog pump on a car. Is it emission related?

What is the function of this thing and do I need it? Can I remove it and blank off the port on the exhaust pipe?

Old 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #2

valve

hello... this is a anti-backfire valve... the EPA says it should be on there in case the muffler gets plugged or the carb over fuels... it is wise to install a shut of uel valve to stop the flow of fuel.. shut it off when not running... this is good incase the flood sticks when sitting... saves flooding the engine.. and stinking up the garage... it is always wise to check valve adjustment once in awhile especially if you pickup a used atv.. simple to do and once you have done it .. next time easier to do.. many videos on youtube to help you.. no real special tools needed... to find timing mark I remove the ROUND CHROME COVER on the head to see the timing mark better.. than the ones on the flywheel..

Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #3

Thank you. I was about to remove the device and hose and plug it off with a vinyl cap. It somewhat conflicts with trying to remove the spark plug.

Now that I have a new carburetor, the ATV runs sweet and I don't have to remove the spark plug and bead blast it to get the engine started when cold.

The fuel shut off valve is a good idea. I'm surprised my ATV doesn't have one. I had a rider mower that the float valve leaked. Except instead of leaking onto the floor, it filled the crankcase full of gas.

I read somewhere that there was a screen to trap debris in the oil system. Is it behind the clutch cover?

Old 02-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

Fuel shut off

THE ONES THAT ORDER THE ATV FROM China have to pay about $1.00 for it.. so they cheap out and save the $1.00 .. I have them put on when I order them... saves the problem.. by on ebay.com look around for the good steel one not the plastic body one..

Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #5

oil screen

to get to the oil screen you have to remove the right side cover ( clutch cover... ) not worth the problem unless you see gray oil from aluminum and then you know you have problems inside..