Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 08:34 PM   #196

I have naked pictures of my Hawk from last summer when I was putting on the exhaust. I'm not a tease. You can see the bar risers for T Rex guy. My feet can touch the ground flat footed but the bars were to low for standing up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (91.2 KB, 594 views)

Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #197

What the hell does BSR stand for? Why does the Chinese put such awful graphics on bikes??

Old 03-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
First...Thanks to everyone that helped me with my questions. Special shout out to JerryHawk250!!!!

I took my time and used thread locker on everything that should have it. I'm glad I did because my front brake caliper wasn't all that tight. I will check everything for tightness again before I actually ride it. My spoke wrench is arriving tomorrow. I will want to attend to those too before riding it.

I changed my oil already. Enforcer17 already confirmed the better battery. I second that. The brand starts with a Y...can't remember the brand now.

I also ordered a MityVac brake bleeder tool. I plan do change the brake fluid to Dot 4 before riding it also.

The only bad thing about the bike being assembled is that I want to do it again. It was fun.
Too bad you didn't live a little closer because I'd let you have some more fun helping me! I think the red is the sharpest color too.

Thanks for the pics....she looks awesome. You did a good job...and your garage is neat and clean...You should see mine!

Let us know how it rides. And get busy on that build video

Old 03-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #199

Quote:
Don't mind my messy garage...And, these are not the best pics. Garage doors were closed for most of the pics (it was cold out) so not a lot of light coming in.

All looks good, but something caught my eye. What is the wire that is coming from the side panel area, going around the frame to the outside, over the starter and to the left side engine case? Is that the wiring for the stator? Something does not look right, not only that it should never go on the outside of the frame, but it looks like it might be about a foot or so too short and is asking to get caught on a boot.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTERLIMITS View Post
All looks good, but something caught my eye. What is the wire that is coming from the side panel area, going around the frame to the outside, over the starter and to the left side engine case? Is that the wiring for the stator? Something does not look right, not only that it should never go on the outside of the frame, but it looks like it might be about a foot or so too short and is asking to get caught on a boot.

I think what you're referring to are the battery cables... This is why I was hesitant to post pics now because the bike isn't quite ready...

Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 PM   #201

Quote:
I think what you're referring to are the battery cables... This is why I was hesitant to post pics now because the bike isn't quite ready...
Oh ok, good. Carry on

Old 03-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #202

Trying to think in Chinese I believe BSR stands for Bashan Super Racer. And honestly the stickers look better than what came with the Hawk IMHO.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Trying to think in Chinese I believe BSR stands for Bashan Super Racer. And honestly the stickers look better than what came with the Hawk IMHO.
I agree. Looks sharp.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
I don't think the decals are that bad. I have thought about removing them though...I have used decal remover before to take off a stripe kit on my past car. It worked fine but I guess I'm worried about damaging the Chinese plastic.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #205

Quote:
I don't think the decals are that bad. I have thought about removing them though...I have used decal remover before to take off a stripe kit on my past car. It worked fine but I guess I'm worried about damaging the Chinese plastic.
Didn't someone just post an article about an Indian company purchasing the rights to BSA?

You could tell everyone it is a new BSA bike!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
Too bad you didn't live a little closer because I'd let you have some more fun helping me! I think the red is the sharpest color too.

Thanks for the pics....she looks awesome. You did a good job...and your garage is neat and clean...You should see mine!

Let us know how it rides. And get busy on that build video
I noticed in your info it says you're from Binghamton. Small world... I'm originally from New York state, my sister went to SUNY Binghamton and I went to a college on the finger lakes.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 PM   #207

I like the graphics too, and I thought the same thing...you could tell people it's a new BSA, lol.

SUNY is what saved this city...It use to be a manufacturing city, Endicott Johnson Shoes and IBM were here....were being the key word. Now the university supports the city and it's getting HUGE. Actually what I do for a living is own and manage several SUNY private rentals, and I have for about 25 years. I may have been your sisters landlord!! I doubt it but hey, it is a small world. And boy could I tell you some stories!

So have you fired the bike up yet?

Old 03-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #208

The one thing I don't like are the decals on the swingarm....They are gonna be gone on mine. Probably come right off with that spray on decal remover I bet.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:34 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
The one thing I don't like are the decals on the swingarm....They are gonna be gone on mine. Probably come right off with that spray on decal remover I bet.
I agree; it would come off the swing arm just fine. I'm available little leery of using that stuff on the plastic. I tried pulling them off, but they are on pretty good.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:44 PM   #210

Quote:
mine just peeled of without any stripper stuff and left no residue.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250