Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak View Post
It could be a couple of things. Vacuum leak, Stuck carburetor slide (I had this happen and did the same thing), or trash in the jet. The carburetor is a pain to get to. Does it run better after it warms up? If it does then you may be having issues with the enrichment circuit (auto choke)
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-02-2017, 09:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I would get kicked off the forum if I posted those pictures. lol
That's what the "Private Message" feature is for

Soooo....

"Pics or it never happened"

Sorry I'm of no help on fixing your ride... I'm just stopping by to be a goof while my stomach hurts and feels funny (having my gallbladder/food intolerance problems )

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #18

Sorry to hear your having all these issues Ak. Is the carburetor a recent development and does it get better after it's warmed up?

As far as getting it in gear, the linkage you will need to adjust I have circled in green. This linkage pushes/pulls the arm circled in blue up or down to get it into gear. I "think" you will need to adjust so it is longer to have it engage fully into forward. You don't want adjust it too far as then you wont be able to get it into reverse. It's a relatively simple adjustment.

Pardon the picture quality as I am technically challenged.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coolster 2.jpg (96.6 KB, 248 views)

Old 03-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #19

The linkage is probably perfectly adjusted. The problem is the two 8mm screws that hold the arm/lever to the trans, and the two bolts and locknuts that hold the linkage on. This exact problem happened to me, working fine one day, then slamming gears. Use red loctite on the two screws AND the two bolts and nuts holding the linkage and actuator arm on. The shifter should have a "notch" feel as it goes into fwd and rev.... not just drop right into gear.

As far as the running issue, I had the same problem when ambient temp was low. These units are super lean so as to be sold in California. I drilled the little brass cap for the enrichment valve and adjusted accordingly. It dosent do that anymore.