Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2017, 08:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
Time for another shed!
I've always dreamed of building a pole barn.

Can anyone tell me if it matters if I use a small round or large round jet in the mikuni?

Old 03-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #17

Honestly when you buy the carb you will be taking it apart. Learn how it is put together.. not hard. You will have a better understanding of it when maintenance time comes or worse you break down when deep in the woods with a carb issue.

30 for the pilot and 115 for the main jet seems to be a good starting point and a workable range. What position you put the clip on the needle is trial an error.

The performance difference you get when it's right is a beautiful thing. If you like your Rhino now you'll love it with a dialed in carb. Mine really woke up with it installed.

Most here will tell you the carb that came with it will only last about one season so replacing the carb is going to happen whether you want to or not most likely.

The battery is one other weak spot that will only last about a season. So be mindful of that too.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:59 PM   #18

Curious to know what wears out on your carb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Honestly when you buy the carb you will be taking it apart. Learn how it is put together.. not hard. You will have a better understanding of it when maintenance time comes or worse you break down when deep in the woods with a carb issue.

30 for the pilot and 115 for the main jet seems to be a good starting point and a workable range. What position you put the clip on the needle is trial an error.

The performance difference you get when it's right is a beautiful thing. If you like your Rhino now you'll love it with a dialed in carb. Mine really woke up with it installed.

Most here will tell you the carb that came with it will only last about one season so replacing the carb is going to happen whether you want to or not most likely.

The battery is one other weak spot that will only last about a season. So be mindful of that too.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #19

Floats get messed up/stuck .. jets get clogged... cables break.. springs break... screws lose their settings/back out... varnish deposits break free or gum things up.

Not much you can do when the stock carb's screw heads are all cut off.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #20

A sealed carb is a really dumb idea but 5 minutes with a dremil tool will take care of that. I used to work with a guy who replaced carbs all the time but in my 20+ years as a mechanic I never replaced a single one that wasn't damaged by the owner screwing with it. Never saw one worn out.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #21

Don't know why you are so hung up on words wear and worn.. neither were stated anywhere in this thread.

A season of running ethanol laced fuel though will do it's bit on it.

When all is said and done with the Dremel, you are still stuck with a carb you can't get jets for... hard to identify if you try... no clip adjustment on the needle.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:07 PM   #22

Do you suppose this carbs on here come without the screws cut off?

Have to copy into browser..can't get the link to work..

https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/collections/4-stroke-cable-choke-carburetors/products/chinese-pz30-carburetor-cable-choke-version-12

Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #23

This sentence is why. "Most here will tell you the carb that came with it will only last about one season so replacing the carb is going to happen whether you want to or not most likely."

Maybe the ethanol fuel is different where you live but here in Oregon it doesn't have a big effect on how long the carb lasts. Drain the float bowl before a long period of non use and it'll last 20+ years. For example the carbs on my GL500 are 36 years old, 12 years old on the Zonketa, 10 on the Lifan, and have never run anything but 10% ethanol fuel.

Main jets for the PZ27 are the same as Keihin small round, easily available. Pilot jets can be more of a challenge. Shim under needle clip works fine on the newer carbs without slots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Don't know why you are so hung up on words wear and worn.. neither were stated anywhere in this thread.

A season of running ethanol laced fuel though will do it's bit on it.

When all is said and done with the Dremel, you are still stuck with a carb you can't get jets for... hard to identify if you try... no clip adjustment on the needle.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 AM   #24

You are a mechanic by trade of course all your engines are taken care of properly.

Most here aren't, and many don't. This is the time of year people will start popping up on the forum with carb issues. Could it be the gas from last fall/summer was left in it? Ethanol laced fuel doesn't age well either. Unless you live in Oregon it's a problem everywhere else.

Simply running the engine with the petcock closed until it stops running at the end of the day will do wonders for the lifespan of the carb. Some can't be bothered with that either.

Last edited by Darth Racer; 04-03-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #25

Darth, please see if you can save that gif in your album so we can all post it at will

I approve!

No horses were harmed in the creation of this or any related posts
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 PM   #26

Didn't know I had an album here. Not familiar with this forum software. It's there now.