Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
What's a lower unit? Is it like fireman Pete and his two nutty friends?
more like the rear end coming out of alignment and dragging.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Your right! it seemed to get a little bit richer when I went higher on the mountains. I agree, its not 100% in tune like my little .40cc rc airplane nitro engine. It did stall once when I was high up. I need to fiddle with it more. maybe turn the mix screw in more. I know that moving the needle clip one away from total rich didn't help with the pops on deceleration. I put it back. Which probably adds to the more rich when coming down off of the rpm to idle. Any good ideas?. Right now I'm 115 jet 22.5 pilot, needle clip full rich, one turn out on mix. idle set at 1500rpm, de-catted original exhaust. base camp 1,000ft.
Ideal is needle in middle notch, idle air screw 1 1/2 turns out. I would go richer on the pilot jet, with the settings I mentioned, until it runs right. 115 may be too lean with a de-catted exhaust. Although it sounded fine except for that stumble at part throttle. Which carb have you got on it?....ARH

Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #18

I settled on 120 main and 30 pilot jet with exhaust and air cover mod.No more popping or hesitation in an rev range.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #19

Tonight I actually went back to the 110 main jet and the 20 pilot jet with 1 1/2 turns out and needle clip on full rich. Before I removed the 115 and 22.5. I tried adjusting the mix back in from 1 1/2. That helped a little but still wasn't satisfied and I later noticed I had turned it in to a point where it was only about a quarter turn open. Still had that slight hesitation from idle up. That hesitation wasn't every time so it really wasn't a show stopper. But, its fun fiddling with this bike. In comparison of the two. With the 110 config, the hesitation is gone. If I take the throttle grip, and rotate as fast as I can, it doesn't stall like it could before. it just seems better. I know bigger numbers always should be better. But, in this case I'm going to run her on another road trip and see how it goes. It does get hot here and she might lean out. I'm at about 1,000 feet in elevation and do go on trips that are in the 6,000 ft range. She will get richer there for sure. Maybe the middle clip position and a larger jet 120? 130? from 115 would be a good test. Second step down on rich and my 115 wasn't that great. If everyone could get there best config along with elevation that would be very useful it setting these up.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #20

Sounds like you are get her dialed in...find the sweet spot and you'll know it!

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 04-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #21

I have a 110 in mine and it runs great. It has stock exhaust and air box.

Tags
boulders, chrysler, ford, hawk250