Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #1

My exhaust has leaked at the connection between the head pipe and muffler, at the head (loose nuts), and the seam at the muffler cracked where it is funnel shape.

I welded it back together.

I think this years mods will include a new exhaust setup, Uni filter and carb rejet.

Allen

Old 04-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #2

46 tooth rear sprocket should fix the viva. Bruce should have them at ejcycles.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #3

I am running a 16 40 sprocket set up on my Viva. Not bad for the highway but if you dont finess the throttle right you will stall it out. As for the exhaust, the stock Viva has a Catalytic Converter, and has a bad habit of burning the exhaust gaskets at both the head flange as well as the muffler connector pipe. The Head Flange gasket will inerchange with any XL XR CB single or twin cylinder.

Here is where I have bought mine in the past.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330005419617 This will fit, and is alot better than the chinese cruddy fiber gasket. Just besure that you seat the header flange flat on the head.

I replaced both the muffler as well as the head pipe on my Viva to eliminate the failure prone Cat.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #4

On my bike I noticed the head pipe was a sloppy fit where it mates to the cylinder and I had a bear of a time getting it to seal.

The header pipe didnt center perfectly on the exhaust port and would move and leak.

I didnt want to keep buying the exhaust gaskets so I cut a piece of tin and wrapped the outside of the header pipe to help center the header flange at the cylinder.
It has been fine ever since but sooner or later I'll change the header pipe or weld on sometihng a bit more permanent.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to PorterzCustomz
Re: Need some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
So far so good with my 07 lifan gy200. But since I am fairly new, what is the best way to ensure the rear wheel trueness? After reading many threads I see that the swing arm indicators are not that accurate.

Second my buddy liked my Lifan that well that he got a good deal on a 06 Viva 200sx but after the first 100 miles his exhaust became very loud, sounds possibly like the exhaust manifold area or higher. Would that be the gasket ? the screws are snug, or is there something else that would cause the "exhaust leak" sound ? Could this hurt his engine? Since the Viva's are not know for a top speed of more than 45-50 what sprocket would be interchangeable and advisable, for the Viva?

Thanks
Yes its the exhaust head gasket. Mine just blew out too!