Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #1

hawk 250 owners in DFW TX

If you're in the dallas-fort worth area and have a hawk 250 Lets get something going! Meet up, do group rides, hit some trails. I think itd be cool to see how many of is are in this area. Doesn't have to be a hawk, bashan, brozz, vader 125, maddog 150. Any street legal china bike

Old 04-02-2018, 11:32 PM   #2

I've got a China bike, and I was down near lower Greenville and I saw two Hawks. I'd love to ride, but the bike I have (an 05 Hummer) simply wouldn't be safe to ride off-road. I'd still be game to meet up!

Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #3

I am game, although I have no idea where any legal trails are. We used to go out to arlington off 360 but that is private property and you get ticketed now. Let me know.

Been out here a bunch in my jeep, not a great place for a bike as it is just rocks and dust with some deep mud pits. http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/322/Northwest-OHV-Park

Old 04-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
I've got a China bike, and I was down near lower Greenville and I saw two Hawks. I'd love to ride, but the bike I have (an 05 Hummer) simply wouldn't be safe to ride off-road. I'd still be game to meet up!
I remember those bikes; I bought one a few years ago for the motor, which promptly went into Son of Weldangrind's XR250. I'm now going to harvest it and install it in my Lifan.

What do you need to get your Hummer safe for off-road use?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #5

Pretty much everything... I have an xr200 that the motor is going in; on the Hummer, the front brake is warped, the frame welds are bad, the rear brake mount is engineered in a way that the caliper contacts the disc when everything is bolted tight, the cush drive has excessive play, the sprocket mount is an odd duck that I can't find a replacement for, the chain is shot, and the shock leaks. Also I'd need to wire it for street use.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #6

Can you dual sport an XR200 in your area?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #7

You can basically put a plate on anything.