Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #1

Hawk 250 Master Cylinder Replacement and some other things

I've gotten a Hawk with about 1000 miles on it and just noticed the front master cylinder has a crack in the little window that shows how much fluid is in it. does anyone have experience with a replacement?

I'm thinking of buying this.>>https://www.amazon.com/Master-Cylinder-FourTrax-Rancher-Kawasaki/dp/B01N1JWGJK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or maybe someone could point me to a thread that has dealt with this? I tried searching.... not the best results.

Also my speedometer cable keeps breaking. I think its pinching at the connection at the wheel(Longer cable and sheath?).

I'm also hoping someone out there has made a taller and flatter seat and might direct me to some source i can use to either make my own or buy a replacement. I'm 6'4'' and like to slide back on the seat for extra leg room.

EDIT: Last but not lease I think the triple tree is loose? When i brake hard the pivot seems to move around.

I hope this post is the right spot. I don't normally do this kind of thing.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ptum View Post
I've gotten a Hawk with about 1000 miles on it and just noticed the front master cylinder has a crack in the little window that shows how much fluid is in it. does anyone have experience with a replacement?
Hello! and welcome to the Fourm!

I myself bought a used Hawk 250 and had todo some work on it to get it in riding condition. My glass windows was broken on my master cylinder as well and I just ordered this glass windows as a replacement for 5 bucks.

Glass window: Amazon

You can also lookup a video on youtube on how to replace it if your unsure on how to approach it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ptum View Post

Also my speedometer cable keeps breaking. I think its pinching at the connection at the wheel(Longer cable and sheath?).
I had the same issue with my speedo cable and just decided to buy a universal speedo for about 30 buck. I also went and ordered the connector that the stock Hawk gauge cluster uses so I didnt have to splice wires and could make a direct connection.

Im hoping to make a post about this process for others soon!

Old 05-14-2018, 02:05 AM   #3

if the new master cylinder has a piston of a diffrent dia it will change the lever pull force required for the same braking power..

if the piston has a bigger dia it will require more pulling force on the lever..
smaller piston will require less pulling force but the lever pull will be longer..

slightly smaller dia will give more braking power than a piston slightly bigger in dia...

it just another form of a ratio... area devided by area... master cylinder piston area &
caliper piston area... the bigger the diffrents the more force you have in your favor...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Tags
cable, front brakes, master cylinder, speedometer