Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #1

Question Bashan Storm can't turn off engine?!

Hello All, I can't figure out how to stop the engine on my Bashsan Storm. I turn the key to "on" and push the start button. Once the engine is running, turning the key to "off" and removing the key has no effect. If I start the engine with the key fob, pushing the "start" button once it's running does not stop the engine. -TM

Old 06-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #2

The alarm off button on my fab kills the engine.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:01 PM   #3

kill switch should be right above the starter button big red button like flip up an down up should be off on right handle bar ,if it dont work then dont ride it till its fixed all safety featchers should work right before rideing,also read your owners manual alot

Old 06-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipToothy View Post
The alarm off button on my fab kills the engine.
Thanks, I'll try that. Do you mean the button that looks like an unlocked padlock?

Old 06-10-2018, 11:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk 229cc View Post
kill switch should be right above the starter button big red button like flip up an down up should be off on right handle bar ,if it dont work then dont ride it till its fixed all safety featchers should work right before rideing,also read your owners manual alot
The Bashan Storm has hazard lights in that location. There is no kill switch.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:28 AM   #6

Its the fob. If you turn it on with the fob you have to turn it off with the fob then it should turn on and off with the key as normal.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Its the fob. If you turn it on with the fob you have to turn it off with the fob then it should turn on and off with the key as normal.
So far, if I turn it on with the key, I cannot find a way to turn it off.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzalmaves View Post
Turn the key off it should kill the engine. If you use the fob to start the engine it must be shut off with the fob.

I rewired my bike to convert the hazards switch to a kill switch.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:25 AM   #9

How did you wire it in? Does your kill switch kill the engine if you start with the fob?

Old 06-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that. Do you mean the button that looks like an unlocked padlock?
Yes. Lighting bolt to start and the padlock turns it off.

I don’t use the fob for anything besides the alarm, too dangerous unless you’re 110% the bike is in neutral and the clutch plate isn’t sticking.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #11

no kill swtich thats just plain weird,i got a remote alarm stereo mp3 on my roketa 250. i uppgraded the speakers an amp ,but after a few times of useing the remote start ,i got to say those are accidents waiting to happen since when does a bike have no kill switch right above the start button thats like penute butter with no jelly ,my roketa had a kill switch too ,i sure hope to hawk has one,that remotes stuff is ok trix are for kids ,but i dont want remote hawk ,for what ,couse its cool for like 5 seconds,i think safety kill switch is more important though he just needs to know how to use the remote

thank god the hawk has a manual engine stop switch,worse cace pull the plug wire ,guess a china bike for ya

????this is not xf250 couse that has one,is this like the one china bike with no kill switch has to have one on it safety standards in the us ,has to have kill switch if for safety ,how else did you get it through inspection

Old 06-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #12

my Storm will not even try to start with the fob if the bike is in gear, i guess I'm the only person not bothered by the lack of a kill switch?

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #13

read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravin01 View Post
my Storm will not even try to start with the fob if the bike is in gear, i guess I'm the only person not bothered by the lack of a kill switch?
no your not read above ,above i have to wonder how it does not have one,safety standards in the us all bikes need one for inspection safety road course you name it ,so yes i am dumbfouned by this too,no kill switch dont seem right is it the xf 250 ,if it is it has one, the owners manual should show one an there should be one hear at the forum somewhere,help from above mods thank you

no manual shift will start in gear without the clutch pulled in or out of gear in N

Old 06-11-2018, 02:00 PM   #14

well, sounds like a bad thing then, I never paid much attention to it. do you think turning the key will be allowed at a course? if not then I guess I'll need to wire one up real quick.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Magneto ignition. Magneto has to be grounded out in order to shut down engine. If the engine won't shut down with the key switch turned off, there is a problem in the key switch ground to the handlebars...ARH