Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2018, 08:54 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhoard View Post
Alright... Lights are installed, wired and working great!!

Link to quick video of me hand shifting through the gears to make sure they all work right:

***SPECIAL NOTE: The wires from the harness are NEGATIVE. The secondary wire from the stock shift lights (BLACK) is actually POSITIVE. The lights will be wired in reverse. I blew the fuse by the rear left wheel the first time because I hooked them up "the right way". So remember that if you perform this mod. Damn Chinese!!!

I wrapped the new wires in loom and taped and zip tied it all. Also, I am going to add 2 more "box" mounting screws under the shift lights to hold the protective box secure.
A really nice job and a very useful upgrade . I plan on attempting to follow your lead and place shift lights on my recently acquired TaoTao 250 . My grandkids like to ride mine and this would be a big help to them and me . I am not familiar with how to wire this up so the different gears light it`s respective light . Could you please draw out a wiring diagram of your hook-up. Nice work , great idea.

I didn`t read far enough into the thread. I found your post great information on the wiring hookup .

Last edited by John O`Neal; 02-16-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: adding additional info.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #77

Mikuni Carb has my Rhino Screaming!!

Just placed a clone Mikuni VM26 on my Rhino. Got different jets from Jets R Us.
Went with the 50 for Pilot Jet and 115 for Primary. What a difference! It's like growls and pulls out with power that feels like it's coming from the heart of the quad. I thought it might just be me wanting it to have more power..(psychosomatic). I asked my son to jump on and see if he thought it seemed more powerful and he said "Hell yeah!" He said he gunned it and the front tires came off the ground in first and second. Of course we had recently swapped sprockets for better hill climbing but it didn't get the front wheels off the ground until I bolted that carb on it. Finally got to fabricate the trailer hitch for my Rhino. Did a video on it too.

Peace!

Old 03-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #78

I would like to thank Anhoard for the great post on upgrading the TaoTao 250. It inspired me to go ahead and make the desired changes my 250 D . I followed Anhoard`s outline and installed a gear position indicator . I have included some pics of how I did mine.

I used a Radio Shack project box 5"X 2.5"X 2" to contain the lights.

The mount is a piece of .090 alumn. The handlebar bolts protrude through the clamp providing enough threads to bolt up the light indicator bracket.

The lights and mount installed.

The unit in place and working.

When hooking up the four wires for the gear position lights I ordered the corresponding pins on Ebay that fit into the the stock connector`s open ports. It simplified the wiring and made it quick and easy to wire.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Sets-2-8...72.m2749.l2648

Thanks again Anhoard for the inspiration and direction.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #79

thanks for the link

Old 05-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #80

I have to ask,,, what's the Air hose you referred to as the "air transmission hose" for/go to?
I was going to pull the stock air boxes off the rhino and 150ata and just replace them with waterproof cone filters,, but now I see the air hose??

Old 05-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #81

If your talking about the barb installed on the PVC pipe. That is unburnt gases from the engine being put back to good use.

Not sure what hoses are on the 150 as far as the transmission goes.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #82

That was it.
I'll have to put a barb inline for the rhino then,,, hmmmmm
But thank you for the fast response!

Old 05-02-2018, 06:21 PM   #83

No problem. It's a easy thing to install.... my setup is same as above... its a great mod and appreciate Anhoard sharing it with us.

Last trip out with the Rhino I couldn't see into the creek bed well enough and accidentally entered into a dredge hole.. It got a little deep but was already 3/4 the way through before it registered. Had to commit with the dredge in tow.... it would have flooded the original box.... this mod keep the carb breathing air.... good stuff.

Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #84

One tiny question, on the air filter hole you drilled in the plastic seat for the pvc to fit through,,Approximately how did you get an idea as to where the hole should be drilled?
I'm about to do all 3 units I have this weekend..

Old 06-07-2018, 06:06 PM   #85

Get as much hooked up to the carburetor and just eyeball it. The rubber part has a little give so its not too critical. I used a hole saw bit for the tightest fit I could get.

Keep in mind the height of the filter when the seat is installed and locked into place.

Old 06-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #86

excellent thanks again

Old 06-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #87

Hello all, new to the forum and the Rhino 250. Just had the damn carb clog up and had to remove and clean. Ready to junk it!! Does the Mikuni VM26 replace the PF PZ27 that is on my Rhino?

Old 06-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Hello all, new to the forum and the Rhino 250. Just had the damn carb clog up and had to remove and clean. Ready to junk it!! Does the Mikuni VM26 replace the PF PZ27 that is on my Rhino?
That is the consensus. If you do a Search on the ATV forum for Mikuni there are dozens of posts on replacing the stock Rhino Carb with the Mikuni. You will need to buy some jets for that new Mikuni as well. Hopefully someone more knowledgable then me can give you hints on basic jetting.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computek View Post
That is the consensus. If you do a Search on the ATV forum for Mikuni there are dozens of posts on replacing the stock Rhino Carb with the Mikuni. You will need to buy some jets for that new Mikuni as well. Hopefully someone more knowledgable then me can give you hints on basic jetting.
Thanks. I can find in the forum that the VM26 was used, but could not find anywhere what it was replacing.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #90

Also there seem to be different VM26's on ebay (VM26-606, VM26-8074). Any idea which I should order? Thanks and sorry, I am new to modding.

Tags
250d, rhino 250, taotao, taotao parts