Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #1

Registered my new Bashan storm 250 in Buffalo NY! (Expensive)

Got my paper work and registered my bike already! Having a blast for sure and its only day one. It cost me $245 total and I was pretty upset to spend that but I'm over it by now. If anyone lives in buffalo ny with a chinese bike let me know, I'd love to have a meet up. I'll keep updating you all with mods and my break in period! Any questions just asj away

Old 07-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalorider View Post
Got my paper work and registered my bike already! Having a blast for sure and its only day one. It cost me $245 total and I was pretty upset to spend that but I'm over it by now. If anyone lives in buffalo ny with a chinese bike let me know, I'd love to have a meet up. I'll keep updating you all with mods and my break in period! Any questions just asj away
Congrats on getting the Bashan registered and on the road. I'm in Buffalo. Would love to meet up with other China bike riders. Currently ride a CSC TT250.

Registering the CSC seemed pretty expensive to me too. I can't remember the price, but I remember I cringed when I got the total. I was just happy to have it registered and plated though.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitcoinDood View Post
Congrats on getting the Bashan registered and on the road. I'm in Buffalo. Would love to meet up with other China bike riders. Currently ride a CSC TT250.

Registering the CSC seemed pretty expensive to me too. I can't remember the price, but I remember I cringed when I got the total. I was just happy to have it registered and plated though.
Not gonna lie I cringed so hard..then I just swiped away anyway haha I live in Kenmore in buffalo. If you have any social media I would get ahold of you and anyone else in our area. I have Instagram and facebook!

Old 07-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #4

Ours just skyrockets out here in CA starting Jan 1. $128.00 for Q. I thought that was insanity. Time to thin the herd.
Edit: Q was 68 dollars last year.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 07-12-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:04 PM   #5

I don't know about New York, or perhaps Buffalo specifically, but here in FLA. they charge you $100 minimum for any vehicle that has never been plated right up front ,that's on top of and in addition to all other Fees.,and on some Vehicles it is $200 .It's a one time Fee but still -The kicker is ,even after you pay all that and can ride on the street, if you want to ride at any of the many State Parks here that have ATV Trails, you have to buy a separate permit from the State for a Trail Decal .
So yeah ,after I paid the one time fee, the plates /registration and got the trail stamp i had 1/3 of the original cost of the bike invested in that ,and that didn't include Insurance costs I had to obtain and show for the privilege of paying all that other tomfoolery . I tell ya, it's a racket they got going on .Oh, and my Birthday is Dec 7, and even tho you supposedly pay for a year tag ,if you get in say August, you pay full price it isn't pro rated, but it still ends on Dec 7 ,so full price for only 6 months that first time. If you did it in November, full year rate for 1 month. ( If you weren't smart enough to just wait til Dec.)
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #6

Buffalo, NY

Hey, Buffalorider & Bitcoindood, i'm in Glenwood NY, near Kissing Bridge (KBMoto) and would love to meet up and take a ride. There is a ton of fun roads and decent trails out here.
2016 Hawk 250, Ebay exhaust, Mikiuni clone VM26 w/#120 Jet, 42mm Uni Pod Filter, Shinko 705 front & Shinko E-805 Crossfly rear, 17T/45T Sprockets, IX24B Iridium spark plug, Aftermarket LED turning signals, OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight, Digital Cluster/Speedo, RK Racing Chain 428MXZ

Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Not gonna lie I cringed so hard..then I just swiped away anyway haha I live in Kenmore in buffalo. If you have any social media I would get ahold of you and anyone else in our area. I have Instagram and facebook!
LOL, I'm in Kenmore too. Just sent you a private message.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian666 View Post
Hey, Buffalorider & Bitcoindood, i'm in Glenwood NY, near Kissing Bridge (KBMoto) and would love to meet up and take a ride. There is a ton of fun roads and decent trails out here.
Sounds good to me. Always looking for new trails to ride. Feel free to message me on here. I try and check in a couple times a week.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:22 PM   #9

Another China bike Buffalonian here...I registered my Hawk 250 just yesterday at the Eastern Hills Mall DMV. NYS is pretty lax with motorcycle registrations, as long as the certificate of origin or bill of sale says "motorcycle" on it. NYS loves its tax dollars though so I would've been shocked if they had refused registration of anything with tires, turn signals, and a headlight. I'm just breaking in my Hawk engine this week (3 miles on it) and am in the Pendleton area. Lots of nice trails out this way...

Old 07-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #10

im on the eeast side of rochester, bike is currently off the road for now though.... need to fix the plate ount, light, and taillight... i have a 2007 roketa db07a.... didnt cost me near that much to reg, but it had originally been titled as a motorcycle in Wisconsin, so that helped im sure....

Old 07-18-2018, 12:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
Another China bike Buffalonian here...I registered my Hawk 250 just yesterday at the Eastern Hills Mall DMV. NYS is pretty lax with motorcycle registrations, as long as the certificate of origin or bill of sale says "motorcycle" on it. NYS loves its tax dollars though so I would've been shocked if they had refused registration of anything with tires, turn signals, and a headlight. I'm just breaking in my Hawk engine this week (3 miles on it) and am in the Pendleton area. Lots of nice trails out this way...
I ride that trail that runs past the park by the water tower, I think it's off Campbell maybe, by Heblers. Currently one of my favorite places to ride locally.

Old 07-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #12

Quote:

Im in Buffalo, in Kaisertown just off Clinton st, near Harlem. I try to take a nice trail ride every weekend, but often in the evening on weekdays as well.

I would be happy to attend a meetup.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #13

Got the Hawk inspected yesterday (in Lockport), no issues. The inspection guy was actually fairly thorough with it - he checked the brake resistance, as well as the resistance on the forks, but he may have done this in disbelief wondering how I got a China bike 5-6 miles to his shop with some 55mph roads in between (I did cheat and off-road a little through an open field on the way)...
1. Mikuni VM26 Carburetor w/#115 main jet
2. 17T/45T JT sprockets
3. JT 428 X-ring chain
4. Air box mod
5. Hawk Digital Cluster
6. Aftermarket IMS shift lever
7. Performance Aftermarket Exhaust
8. 295mm Nitrogen Gas Monoshock, 20W oil front forks