Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

ATA 125d remote start works but button on handle bar does nothing.

My daughters ATA 125d use to start just fine with the button but now nothing. I noticed the brake light wasn't doing anything but found out it was just the bulb. I can start it using the remote but does't do anything when she try's to start it. I know the brake switches are working and ordered a new switch but it's wired different so tried to use a screw driver to activate it but wasn't holding the brakes down when I did it (Didn't think about this tell later). Any advice is always welcomed.
2017 Bashan BSR 250 AKA Enforcer : Ebay Exhaust, Mikuni Carb 115 Main 27.5 Pilot, Digital Cluster from mjstef hawkclusters@gmail.com, LED head and taillights, smoked LED turn signals, brush guards, grips.

Old 08-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

I found the same on my grandson's Tao tao. The brake wire (foot) was pinched and the light didn't come on. I repaired it and now everything is fine. It doesn't start with the hand brake. Make sure the rear brake light goes on. Also check to see if you have to unlock it at the remote. There sometimes is an unlock button.

Couple of other thoughts. The key has to be on, gear in neutral, left run switch clicked on, and then foot brake. We found out it will turn over but will not start with run switch in the wrong position.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #3

brake switch

for testing purposes .. jump the brake switch.. check for power or ground going in and out... either one.. this activate the s tarting system so it can work,,, the solenoid should have power and ground when you puish the start button... if the switches are jumped to work... then you can figure what part you need before you order extra parts for nothing.. the fuse has to be good... the key has to power up the wiring.. if you can jump the solenoid with a jumper ( screwdriver or ?? ) then it is just one of the above.. you do not need the key or other devices to start it that way,... jumping it..