Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #1

Tagged in MASS

I'm so happy right now!!!

SPEEDEE IS REGISTERED!!!

DB-P12 from Powersportsmax...registered in Western MASS...

I have to start by saying that I have no affiliation with Powersportsmax!!
Powersportsmax has been absolutely flawless in this transaction...in fact they have gone way beyond even what a local mom and pop dealer could deliver...let me explain...

I called them monday to send me an MSO for my new bike that has to meet the following requirments:
1) Must be on security paper
2) Must list the proper number of cyclinders
3) Should say Motorcycle as body type
4) Must have the dealers name and address listed on the front of MSO
5) Must have dealers name, license number and signature as well as odemeter statement signed by dealer and my name and signature on back.

Juan at PSM said no problem to any of these requirments. Also I told him I wanted it overnighted to me (for $30.00). He said no problem. And guess what...he did exactly what i asked of him.

I got the perfectly filled out MSO and BOS today overnighted to me...and i went down to my local DMV and after a bit of hemming and hawing...i now have a new tag on my bike.

WHOOOHOO!!! I'm Legal!!

It took three trips to the DMV and two to the insurance agency...but only about a week or so of trying...

:P

Alex
Ride On!!

Old 07-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #2

Parallax,

Psyched to hear you're legal to ride.. Its good to hear that Powersportsmax was able to provide you with the MSO that you needed to get registered.. Now your gonna have to take some pics.... up on October mountain. Or wherever Speedee goes out in them Berkshires...!

Just out of curiosity, the three trips to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, so that future MA residents can learn... what were the issues? I guess the same question could apply to the 2 trips to the insurance agency..

NET

Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #3

Net,

The issues i had with the registry where that the temp mso that came in the crate with the bike was not on security paper. It also needed to list the number of cylinders (1)...it also needed the address of the company (US Titan) listed on the front under thier name. Although the registry said that they probably wouldn't have an issue with the body type listed as "dirt bike"...i didn't take any chances..i had PSM put "motorcycle" in body type anyway. I also needed the mso to have the distributor listed on the back, signed, and their dealer number...as well as the odometer section filled out and signed and again thier dealer number...and of course my printed name and signature on the back as well.

I went to my insurance co first to get the insurance docs filled out...Then on to the DMV where they told me what i needed the mso to say, etc. The second trip to the DMV was after i had my new mso...but they were not happy that the insurance company listed powersportsmax as the dealer, and the mso listed US Titan as the dealer. They told me I would have to have another mso sent to me...needles to say i was not pleased. After about 10 minutes of arguing with them about it (and losing)...one of the girls winked at me and wispered..."just go to your insurance company and have them change the company name to match the mso...i'll look the other way"...i blew her a kiss and ran back to my insurance co...and had them change the company name...then back to dmv...and i got my new tag.

But as they handed me the new tag I was told that I may get a letter from boston asking me to pay sales tax on the book value of the bike...because they had a hard time believing that I only paid 799.00 for it. :roll:

Oh well...i don't care...

It's legal!!

So my experience was not too bad...at least when you consider the experiences of others i have read about recently.
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 04-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #4

Need help

im from mass also and im new to registering on my own esp this is my first motorcycle. you need to inssure prior to registration i assume, but is that all you need from the dealer just that mso stuff?if not what else is needed to get a lifan street legal?i just wanna get on the road

Old 04-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #5

hi...i can't tell you what it will take to get a lifan registered...but as far as the speedee model...my above posts list exactly what it took to do it...

Old 04-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallax
hi...i can't tell you what it will take to get a lifan registered...but as far as the speedee model...my above posts list exactly what it took to do it...
Welcome back..How's the bike doing?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #7

Hey parallax,where have you been?Missed your input and videos...

Old 04-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #8

Hey Guys,

Thanks for thinking of me...

I've been a little preoccupied this winter...too many things on the fire actually...

Work (Real Job) Full Time...

School Full Time...

My Own Business Full Time...

And of course my band plays every weekend at local area clubs...

And there are many ladies keeping me busy...(it's a hard life)

The reality of my life is i have no free time!!

Not only that...i had to have emergency back surgery at the begining of febuary...and i've been slowly recovering from that...arghhh...

Also, I'm in the process of buying a new house over the border of mass into new york...a tiny town called new lebanon...fairly rural...great trails. This project has been taking my remaining time and all my money...lol

Anyway...I'm back...and so is speedee...

I fired her up 2 weeks ago...without doing anything to her...didn't even charge the battery...what can i say that i haven't already said...she rocks...started right up...

I've been riding her to work about every other day the past two weeks...and she's been great. Trail riding is legel here on may 1st...so me and my buds are gearing up...and of course i'll be video taping most of the rides...and posting them for those that are interested...

My presence here will increase of course...now that good weather is back...so keep your eyes peeled for a few new trail rides coming soon...

I hope you are all doing well...and your bikes made it through the winter just fine?

In fact...i'd love to hear what you guys have been up to? So fill me in...

Adios for now...i'm getting out off work in a few minutes and i'm going to grab a couple beers...i deserve it...lol

Talk soon...

a.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #9

Good to see you back!

As far as registering, the GY-5 is supposed to be 49-states street legal, and is DOT/EPA, while the GY-2 has all street equipment, but is technically off-road only in pickier states, so will need some maneuvering, but should get plated as easily as the Shineray (which is also not technically US DOT, either). This is as long as Mass hasn't closed any loopholes!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 04-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #10

Welcome back Parallax.

Sounds like registering in MASS goes pretty well.

I would get the insurance first.

Progressive is cheap for me.

Allen