Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #16

The good thing is that they shipped via UPS Freight, and the claim has started. UPS has always been good with me when dealing with claims from shipping damage. I really just want to RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Old 04-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #17

Bummer about how it arrived. regarding the chain, these things are tossed together by ham-fisted mutants. Everything will need to be gone over and adjusted, even if it arrived unscathed.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #18

The vendor wants to send me "parts" to fix whats broken and scratched. Currently there are 10 things scratched or broken/bent on the brand new bike. UPS suggests I have one of their investigators come take photos and a statement. Vendor says no, we will replace the parts. So you want me, who paid for a new bike, to spend the next month or so wrenching on a bike and replace the frame and 9 other messed up parts. Nah....I want a new bike OR the parts and a few 100$ for my time to spend changing everything over to a new frame...

Then the problem comes up, so what about the title, bill of sale and frame vin on the old frame vs new frame...

Im not very happy but hopefully it gets resolved.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #19

I probably missed it. How did you pay for it?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #20

Paypal. Im covered in regards to that.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #21

Of course they want to send you parts, it costs them almost nothing to do that vs. Eating the cost of a bike and frieght charges back.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-28-2019, 06:46 AM   #22

So we decided to put the bike together. Can you guys tell me if the motor mounts on the top of the motor are supposed to be bent just so slightly? I also have a few questions for the gurus.
1. Whats a good solvent to get that cooked on blue protectant tape off the gas cap?

2. How do you guys get around the left metal mount covering the lines on the back of the swingarm to adjust the chain tension? Chains super loose with no one sitting on it then when someone sits on it its super tight. Is the chain that bad (I havent taken off the front sprocket cover yet...I still think theres frame damage)

3. Have any of you had success in using some type of solvent to remove the "Hawk" from the seat cover and handlebar crossbar pad?

4. The oil cooler I got is the type that mounts to the bottom of the front of the frame...Id rather have one that is a bit smaller. Anyone have a link to the one that mounts up by the gastank, yet still goes into the motor on the bottom (not up at the valve cover)? I figure even if its an alibaba link, I have time to wait. I seen some of you suggesting to wait a few 100 miles before installing oil cooler anyways (in case there is any gunk in the motor from original assembly).

-- We got the bike together and it is running solid. Having some chain issues (I think its because the bike got dropped on the left side and the motor isnt straight). Excellent throttle response, its breathing nice, idling nice. It seems like the front shocks are too soft and the rear mono is too hard.

Thanks for any info!

Old 04-28-2019, 08:56 AM   #23

This one looks very similar to the one on the alibaba site? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2ZF0K7IFIDCPR

Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DJ_Remixer View Post
This one looks very similar to the one on the alibaba site? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2ZF0K7IFIDCPR
That's the one. Same as the one I'm using.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-28-2019, 09:08 AM   #25

Excellent, thank you very much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-04-28 06.46.21.jpg (98.6 KB, 205 views)

Old 04-28-2019, 10:47 AM   #26

The Hawk I got from orionpowersports.com had the left foot peg bent the same way. I was thinking it was supposed to be that way to allow easier foot movement under the shifter. The left side of the shipping frame had a little damage but nothing appeared to hurt the bike.

Old 04-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_DJ_Remixer View Post
1. Whats a good solvent to get that cooked on blue protectant tape off the gas cap?

2. How do you guys get around the left metal mount covering the lines on the back of the swingarm to adjust the chain tension? Chains super loose with no one sitting on it then when someone sits on it its super tight. Is the chain that bad (I havent taken off the front sprocket cover yet...I still think theres frame damage)

3. Have any of you had success in using some type of solvent to remove the "Hawk" from the seat cover and handlebar crossbar pad?

-- We got the bike together and it is running solid. Having some chain issues (I think its because the bike got dropped on the left side and the motor isnt straight). Excellent throttle response, its breathing nice, idling nice. It seems like the front shocks are too soft and the rear mono is too hard.

Thanks for any info!
1. I managed to just peel the blue crap off of mine. It's like a vinyl protectant.

2. The chain tension getting tighter under compression is normal. That is why the method of setting chain tension is to set it when the suspension is compressed until the chain is at its tightest, and then setting it to 15mm. After that, measure it uncompressed and use that as your actual tension setting. It is usually about 1.5 inches. As far as the left metal mount... i am unfamiliar with what you are speaking of?

3. Lots of guys have done that using paint thinner, brake cleaner, etc. I would use something less aggressive, but no matter what be careful not to hurt the vinyl lol.

The forks are always too soft. Remove them, take the cap off, spring out, drain the oil in them, refill with ATF or fork oil of your weight choice to about 200ml. Then make your own preload spacers to set rider sag. It really depends on your weight, but anywhere from 35mm to 50mm works well. Once you get the forks sorted they will compress less and stop doing all of the work, and then the rear shock should start taking more of the load. That said, if you haven't done so yet grease the rear swing arm pivots and the shock bolts. This will free up the back end and stop it from binding and wearing out quickly.

As to your question on the upper motor mounts. As far as I remember, mine were flat.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #28

I changed the fork oil out to 10weight already. Looks like for this bike they have a 30mm spacer in it vs from what I read a smaller one on the older model years...going to do pvc 20mm spacers to add to the ones already in it to help.

I was having major issues with the alignment of the chain and sprockets at first. This morning I took off the front sprocket and flipped it around as per some of what you guys have done and it really helped the alignment so thats fixed. Put 30 miles on today, and now I can totally understand that the stock chain/sprockets are not ideal even going on a 4 lane road. Maxing around 50mph...Ill replace the chain/sprockets when these knobbies wear out.

I tried mineral spirits yesterday to try to get the text off the seat and crossbar...didnt work. Ill try something else this week.

I rubbed some goo gone on the gas cap then heated it up and that blue stuff pretty much fell off.

Im pretty sure the top motor mounts are bent from when it was dropped during shipping. Ill be in touch with the vendor on Monday and see what parts he can send me..

I adjusted the chain this morning, it was a little snug but after those 30 miles, it loosened up and is within specs now.

Thank you all for providing vital info on these bikes. Appreciate the knowledge!

Also, if anyone needs a stock speedo kit, or a stock exhaust, let me know...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-04-28 14.41.01-1.jpg (102.4 KB, 234 views)

Old 04-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #29

Acetone is safe, nail polish remover has acetone in it. That’s what I used on my seat and handlebars. Came off no problem

Old 05-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #30

So, I sent an email, detailing the parts that are bent, scratched...along with pictures to the vendor. That was on Friday. I called them Monday, no answer, mailbox full. I called them yesterday, no answer, mailbox full. There is damage to the bike from shipping. The frame is tweaked just a bit, several motor mounts are bent about 1/8-1/4 inch off camber. Various scratches and dings on motor and frame. Vendor stated last week he would mail me parts. Told me not to contact UPS Freight. I need to ask you all, what you think I should do? I have a feeling this vendor is going to try to bamboozle me. IMO I think I should call UPS Freight and have them come to my home as they wanted to last week and start a claim.