Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #16

So I got my Bull 200 out of storage and went on a top speed ride (about 37mph) for an extended period of time and managed to vibrate my exhaust studs clear out of the head and in the process melted a bit of the shroud around the head. I also noticed that the little breather from the gear case started spewing gear oil up into the air box through the hoses that connect it there. Any idea why this would happen?

Old 05-19-2019, 12:31 AM   #17

Gear oil blows out of the gear box usually because it is overfilled. If it sat for awhile water could have got in there from condensation and such. I’ve seen it happen multiple times, I’ve seen a quarter gallon of water in a gas tank from sitting so long. Idk if you’ve put a good quality synthetic in there also. When I had this happen, I changed the fluid that was in there and it went away.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #18

Not synthetic in there. It was fine till it sat all winter. Ill just drain and refill. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2019, 02:03 PM   #19

One more question for everyone. One of my exhaust manifold studs broke off so I'm needing to extract it which should be fun. Anyways, I had ordered some online without checking the size and they were too smalln6mm size by 32mm long. I'm guessing these are 8mm x 35mm...does that sound right? I want good quality ones on there so I don't have this happen again.

Old 05-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #20

Well, the stud was broken off and took most of the threads with it...can't get the piece of the stud out either. Looking for a new head. Is there a cheaper option to this? https://partskit.com/product/607716

Old 05-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #21

If you can get a center punch on the broken stud and get a dimple in the center.... you can get the right sized bit (minimum diameter of the stud or next size smaller) and carefully drill through it.

If you do a really good job of centering the punch and drill it just right what is left of the thread will just wind out like a spring... love it when that happens.

If the stud is broken uneven.... you can knock the tap around at an angle and get a center dimple going.

Follow up with a tap to chase the thread. (Auto part stores have small metric sets cheap... most common threads)

Since your looking for a new head you have nothing to lose.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:54 PM   #22

All, I can't seem to find a head for this 169cc engine other than from partskit.com with the rocker assembly that I don't need. Ant ideas?