Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2019, 02:28 AM   #1

CSC TT250 Digital Speedo For Hawk 250?

Hello Chinariders!

I've been reading posts here since late 2017. I find the info here very helpful. I bought a new Hawk in January 2018.

Will the CSC TT250 digital speedo work on a Hawk 250?

I bought one from CSC around Christmas. Matt didn't have any in stock at the time and the CSC speedo was on sale. The CSC speedo does not come with speed sensor, other wiring, or instructions. So the CSC speedo, is definitely not a bargain.

I hope TT250 speedo will work on the Hawk.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

It should work but the speed sensor on the two bikes are different anyway. The wiring of the 9 pin connector is also different but it's very easy to pop the pins out and put them back in the correct order.

2014 Honda CB500XA
2016 CSC TT250
1976 Honda CJ360T
2022 Honda Navi

Old 06-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #3

It's not to hard to trace out all the wires, just read up on the threads here. A cheap multimeter and a 12v test probe is needed. You can either hard wire for fast and dirty or EBay search for a connector kit. Then you can unplug the dash if needed. It's a weekend project and well worth the time !

Here's where I mounted the speed pick up on mine. 12mm tapped hole I added to the caliper adapter plate. Zip tied the wire to the brake line. It's out of the way now. Just toss the sheet metal bracket the sensor comes with. Keep us posted how ya make out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.9 KB, 221 views)
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #4

You’ll need wires to gear ind
The cheap way is a load of work without the terminals or connectors
I’m working on a direct replacement and there are some others selling them ready to plug n plug on the hawks
I fitted a couple for some of Motocheez friend bikes and the TBR7 and that gave me the pin out and requirements for both hawk and tbr7

Old 06-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
It's not to hard to trace out all the wires, just read up on the threads here. A cheap multimeter and a 12v test probe is needed. You can either hard wire for fast and dirty or EBay search for a connector kit. Then you can unplug the dash if needed. It's a weekend project and well worth the time !

Here's where I mounted the speed pick up on mine. 12mm tapped hole I added to the caliper adapter plate. Zip tied the wire to the brake line. It's out of the way now. Just toss the sheet metal bracket the sensor comes with. Keep us posted how ya make out
Might be better to use the correct wheel sensor instead to be fair
I’m doing a magician and it’s just a little messy in my opinion for the universal sensits

Old 06-16-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

Thanks for the help!

Glad I didn't order the speed sensor from CSC!

So I need the speed sensor for the Hawk, wires to the gear indicator, the memory and the tach wire.

I wonder if Matt can get ahold of them?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Thanks for the help!

Glad I didn't order the speed sensor from CSC!

So I need the speed sensor for the Hawk, wires to the gear indicator, the memory and the tach wire.

I wonder if Matt can get ahold of them?
I’ve got a speed sensor in the USA - I’ve been testing digital speedometers while I’m here etc.
PM me or call as there’s a WhatsApp number on my profile