Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2019, 09:25 AM   #1

Anyone found an improved seat? TaoTao New Cheetah

My kids New Cheetah seat is one of those items on the quad that really needs an upgrade over factory. The cushion collapses under about 80lbs of weight very easily, and it frequently slides out of the "notched" position in the front with lateral movement of the rider.

It definitely could be improved. Has anyone found a seat to replace it, or perhaps disassembled the factory seat, repadded it, made the front locking tab more robust and secure?

Old 08-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #2

I had the same thought as you regarding our New Cheetah seat. I thought about pulling it apart and adding some layers of fiberglass cloth and resin to the top just to stiffen the base. After that I would have it re-covered locally.

If there was another seat available (not holding my breath) that has a stiffer base that would be great???

Old 08-29-2019, 11:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandKidsMX View Post
I had the same thought as you regarding our New Cheetah seat. I thought about pulling it apart and adding some layers of fiberglass cloth and resin to the top just to stiffen the base. After that I would have it re-covered locally.

If there was another seat available (not holding my breath) that has a stiffer base that would be great???
Exactly.. I have some firm foam laying around.. from an old Yamaha motorcycle seat from the 80s.. it's much larger than the New Cheetah seat, I could use it to reshape the foam and apply it to the Cheetah seat base. Then recover it myself in whatever material I wanted. Probably some nice vinyl or something.

That may be the easiest way to address the pathetically soft seat cushion. As for the front tab and sliding out of the plastic due to shifting rider weight.... dunno yet. Maybe plastic weld some wider tabs onto the seat base that could slide under the front body plastics.