Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2019, 09:48 PM   #1

NY registration

Relatively painless experience. I handed papers from TXpowersports and registration application to the DMV clerk and she looked at them for a minute and asked "how fast does it go?". I said "63 downhill with a tailwind" and she took my paperwork and disappeared into a back room. I started to worry and after a couple of minutes she came back and asked " how fast on the level with no wind?". I answered 65 and she disappeared again. I worried some more and she came back and said I was all set and after paying too much she handed me the reg. and plates.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

DMV in every state has some weird questions and employees.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:14 AM   #3

interesting... when i registered my shineray in NY, i handed them the paper work, and they handed me plates, after the obligatory wallet raping....LOL maybe my experience was different due to my bike having previously been registered in michigan and was just a title transfer, not a title application...

Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM   #4

I know it’s an older thread but what bike did you get? I am a fellow ny resident and we all know hoe ny can be about rules and actually getting thing done.... thanks!

Old 05-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #5

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseless Trooper View Post
Relatively painless experience. I handed papers from TXpowersports and registration application to the DMV clerk and she looked at them for a minute and asked "how fast does it go?". I said "63 downhill with a tailwind" and she took my paperwork and disappeared into a back room. I started to worry and after a couple of minutes she came back and asked " how fast on the level with no wind?". I answered 65 and she disappeared again. I worried some more and she came back and said I was all set and after paying too much she handed me the reg. and plates.
Did you get your title yet, I want to get one but I cant get a straight answer if you could register the Hawk in NYS. If all fails I candrive up to your DMV and register it