Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2019, 08:40 AM   #46

Jay's alarm system and cable lock

This ought to be fun. First we have to decide if we want the remote start and ignition lockout. And debating on soldering it in or using connectors. Also where to mount everything. 🤔
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:47 AM   #47

I put the alarm box under the seat on top the air box. The siren I mounted on the air box behind the side cover right next to the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-20170310_161915.jpg (85.2 KB, 137 views)
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #48

FYI, The key on the key fob will be about 3/16" too short. I found a key blank at one of the local hardware store then cut it to fit the key fob. It will be hard to find and places like Lowes and Homedepot wont carry them. You could cut your spare key to fit or order a blank for CSC for the TT250.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
FYI, The key on the key fob will be about 3/16" too short. I found a key blank at one of the local hardware store then cut it to fit the key fob. It will be hard to find and places like Lowes and Homedepot wont carry them. You could cut your spare key to fit or order a blank for CSC for the TT250.
Probably cut the spare key. I'm pretty handy with my dremel.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:26 AM   #50

Goodies for the new bike

Although you CAN tune the stock carb to run well it's gonna be a PITA so we decided to take the easy route with the Mikuni vm26 clone. We have a variety of main jets so all I had to order was pilot jets for it. I reckon he'll need a 25 by the time we're done. The bike will be here Monday and the carb will arrive Tuesday so..

Also ordered some shrink connectors and a crimping tool for his alarm system, AND some blades for my Dremel Max so he can get back to work on my kitchen.

Old 10-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #51

A bit of comedy relief

12 years ago Jay and I loaded up the little FourTrax and the 200X for a day of riding trails out behind the airport in NewLex. And Jay had the good sense to invite a hot little blonde that owned a FourTrax 250 that was slightly modded. Well after many adventures and quite a few beer breaks we stopped at a big hole that was flat, about 120 feet in diameter, and had about 5 inches of water covering the entire thing.

As we're downing another cold one Jay decides he's gonna take my 200X across the hole at high speed (no doubt to impress our lovely female companion). Now mind you he has almost zero experience on a quad, let alone my highly modded 3 wheeler.. He proceeds to hit the hole in 4th or 5th gear hauling a$$ and makes it halfway across hydroplaning on top of the water as her and I look on with interest.

Then the front tire breaks the surface tension of the water and the bike nosedives and flips end over end launching Jay 20 feet in the air. I kid you not, he landed head first into the soft slimy gray mud and was buried to his shoulders upside down. Me and the hottie were rolling with laughter as we watched Jay flailing around trying to unplug his head from mother earth. But the muck had such a suction on his head that he could not free himself so we ran over and snatched him out (after another good 30 seconds of laughter ofcourse).

He was gasping for air and his nose, ears and eyes were all packed with mud and we were still laughing so hard tears were streaming down our faces. He climbed back on the little FourTrax and wasn't near as brave the rest of the day. But his Eval Knievel effort paid off, the little Pamela Anderson went home with him that night..

Old 10-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #52

I had to repost this under new authors of books section thread! "onelegged chronicals" continue....!!!

Was Jay wearing bruce jenner shorts?

"Chicks dig scars and glory is forever!"
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #53

Our son, who is now 23 by the way, always had a love affair with mud. I never really understood this fascination as I grew up with hated gumbo species. One particular day, years ago, we found a mud hole way up in the mountains, miles from the pickup. He spent hours making us dizzy as he went round and round thru this mud hole. After another hour or so, in the middle of the puddle or moose wallow, and he is covered with this black/grey substance, he breaks the key off and the quad dies. One would think we have a tow rope right? Of course that was used on another tow project and never reinstalled onto any of the quads. Maybe 3 hours later the work of art is finally on high ground. One would think we had any sort of tools right? Nope that was left somewhere on the last project. After a joyous 50 mile round trip ride, to find a tow rope at the pickup, we were left with another 25 mile tow back to the parking lot. Mom made the son ride in the back of pickup to the car wash, where he, clothes, and quad were hosed off. I think mom had more fun squirting him with water than he actually appreciated! Our son was wearing some sort of "bruce jenner copy" shorts, and the mud stains never left his favorite shorts. (Someday we will introduce Billy and Jay, and they can reminisce of the good old mud days, and the Pamela Andersons!) All in all, the day was a good laugh and spending quality family time!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Last edited by wedooit; 10-12-2019 at 12:18 PM. Reason: miles are approx

Old 10-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #54

Now Frank, mine wasn't the only antics that happened that day if I remember correctly, that was the day you stopped strapping your prosthetic to the footpeg.
See now occasionally his foot would bounce off the peg, then get run over by the back tire. Hence sucking him right off the quad, and well under it. Normally good for a laugh. So a bungee cord around the foot and under the peg seemed like a good solution at the time.
So here we all are , Frank the girl and I , at the bottom of this monster hill, practically straight up. Frank decided he's going to make a run at it, while the girl and I spectate from the bottom. He gets a run at it, makes it all the way to the top. Only thing left to do is get the front tire back down and he's done it. Except that's not what happens. Instead the front flips on over, and the bike rolls over him. Then the bungee pulls good n taunt, whipping him with great force up n over the bike, slamming bike back into the hillside. Directly in front of the quad, which rolls over him again. Now I would like to say that was the end of it. But no. This process is repeated 3 more times before he makes it all the way to the bottom.
A lesser man would've been broken if not killed by this. But thanks in part to his large frame, and maybe the alcohol, he walked away with only bumps n bruises. Never to strap his leg to the bike again.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #55

The story about me. Completely true. Would've died that day had they not been there to pull my head out of the mud.
Thanks for saving my life cuz. You da man.

Old 10-12-2019, 05:48 PM   #56

Moral of the story. Always ride with friends.

Old 10-12-2019, 07:23 PM   #57

Damn you Jay, quit telling stories on me! Yes I did have some trouble keeping my left foot on the peg so my buddy Tim Bobb recommended strapping it to the peg (I later figured out sharpening the teeth on the peg nets the same results).

This was a bad idea on so many levels, when a bike is flipping end over end down a long steep hill you NEED to be able to get away from it, but no, you are physically tied to it so enjoy the ride.

And as Megadan will attest size does matter, I have been hit in the head with shovels, baseball bats, tire irons, and 2x4s and always maintain conciousness, and have survived many serious wrecks that most wouldn't walk away from.

But yeah, the bike flipped 4 times down a large incredibly steep hill with me strapped to it like a ragdoll. And I stood up, brushed myself off and climbed it again with Jay standing at the top to catch the front end, which he and Pamela successfully did. No fear in this old boy, (which isn't necessarily a good thing ).
Edit: Maybe Jay wasn't the only one trying to impress the young Pamela.. 🤔😅 Either way we both failed miserably and she was the only one riding like she had some sense. 😁

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-13-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Old 10-13-2019, 11:13 AM   #58

I had to repost under new authors of books....etc....lmao...

Old 10-13-2019, 11:15 AM   #59

We have a saying when we ride sleds.....remember to push off a bit when one is about to go over the handle bars....don't want to break them off!

Old 10-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFailbutter View Post
So here we all are , Frank the girl and I , at the bottom of this monster hill, practically straight up.
A lesser man would've been broken if not killed by this. But thanks in part to his large frame, and maybe the alcohol, he walked away with only bumps n bruises. Never to strap his leg to the bike again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFailbutter View Post
Moral of the story. Always ride with friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post

This was a bad idea on so many levels, when a bike is flipping end over end down a long steep hill you NEED to be able to get away from it, but no, you are physically tied to it so enjoy the ride.

And as Megadan will attest size does matter, I have been hit in the head with shovels, baseball bats, tire irons, and 2x4s and always maintain conciousness, and have survived many serious wrecks that most wouldn't walk away from.

I stood up, brushed myself off and climbed it again with Jay standing at the top to catch the front end, which he and Pamela successfully did. No fear in this old boy, (which isn't necessarily a good thing ).
Edit: Maybe Jay wasn't the only one trying to impress the young Pamela.. 🤔😅 Either way we both failed miserably and she was the only one riding like she had some sense. 😁
OK, so one needs to ride with hot chicks, with some alcohol, NOT strapped to a quad, and be large framed to survive shovels to the head; oh, and have no fear!

That is what I got out of the story and imagining what 'Pamela' looked like--I am imagining the scene from 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' where Phoebe Cates got out of the pool to the Cars' hit song...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard