Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #16

That Orion bike seems to research as the lightest, of the easy to register. Also the only one on the "budget friendly" side with comp/rebo adjustments? Kudos GlennR!

Budget friendly is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Real Disney....If I'm honest....until I have enough money to live without income to 99 yrs old, I shouldn't purchase anything unless it is used for sustaining of self. Then when you slide the scale....My investment may shorten the figure 99, so it would ultimately reduce retirement costs! That's a damn good investment....right? RIGHT!

Old 10-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #17

I very much enjoyed the enlightenment, Megadan. I have always been drawn to the older ones. I still have a 70 chevy elcamino, my first car. New underneath, everything except rearend, new 700r and .30+ 350 sbc, from disc brakes to gas tank but original crowsfoot paint on top! Lmao. I usually become attached to things, and just keep 'em.
I haven't started an indulgence into the G.W. articles but its coming.

If anyone is reading this and wondering, I have about decided the orion alternate above may be the best thing to pass down in a few months. Adjustability, light, air cooled simplicity for 16 yr old seminars in the yard. Looks good to me. Thanks!

Old 10-19-2019, 09:15 PM   #18

Let us know when you order it.

I'm really tempted to order one, but really don't need it. From a resale standpoint, I think this might be one of the few China bikes that you wouldn't really take a beating on if you decide to sell it.

You definitely can't compare one of these to a new KTM, but it is wild to think about being able to buy 5 of these for $10,000 (approx cost of a number of KTM dirt models). Sure makes it a lot easier to be a "great dad".

I don't know anything about the engine used on these, but I wonder if a big-bore kit is available? A few extra cc's and maybe a little higher compression ratio could make a dramatic improvement in the power on one of these. I recently installed a BB kit on my NC250 powered bike, which only cost about $200. One for the air-cooled engine on these should be a bit cheaper. Since these only have 5-speeds a bit of extra power should let you run a little steeper sprocket gearing which would be great on the street. It really transformed my bike.